Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,

Just upgraded my H7 bulbs to Philips Bluevision. I have noticed that the front left bulbs is either brighter or higher than the right....

I have checked the bulbs several times and they are sat correctly. The attached photo shows somewhat what I am trying to explain.

I never checked the standard bulbs when I got the car so cant say for certian if there is something wrong and if I am paranoid lol.

Any help would be appreciated.

Andrew

Attachments

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Put the old bulbs back in and test...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Have you thought that our headlights point towards the left,so when driving abroad you have to alter the beam. Noticed this the other morning when driving in fog, righthand light gave a funnel type beam towards the left.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Be worth trying the old bulbs again. Side note - those bulbs look very yellow?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yorky40 said:
Could be that one headl light has been knocked out of alinment..
Possible, but not sure how...

Have you thought that our headlights point towards the left,so when driving abroad you have to alter the beam. Noticed this the other morning when driving in fog, righthand light gave a funnel type beam towards the left.
I did think of this but was convinced otherwise as when I looked at other cars it wasnt noticable...

Be worth trying the old bulbs again. Side note - those bulbs look very yellow?
hahah I know, now I know were the name "Bluevision" came from!

Going to put the standard bulbs back in on Sunday, see what it looks like. Hoping its just the bulb!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Keep us updated :) on a side note about the LED side lights - my mate has his now (still waiting for the car) and he wants to try them in my car. So I will do that and see of there better!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nipz said:
Keep us updated :) on a side note about the LED side lights - my mate has his now (still waiting for the car) and he wants to try them in my car. So I will do that and see of there better!
The same type from M99??

·
Registered
220 Posts
shakeystevo said:
Nipz said:
The same type from M99??
Yep

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nipz said:
shakeystevo said:
Nipz said:
The same type from M99??
Yep
Ditto to you to let me know if your friends bulbs work lol :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Turns out it was the Bluevision bulbs! Contacted Philips and returned them to the shop I bought them.

Swapped the bulbs back to standard ones and all was fine (see pic)

Quite disapointed in them :(

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Glad you fixed it :) What bulbs are you planning for next?

I didnt get a chance to test other LED bulbs as it was raining every time i tried.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
not sure yet, most likely the diamond vision, simply because they work lol.

Sussed the LEDs too, in order to stop the warnings you have to fit resistors (which M99 sell ironically!) so i have ordered these...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MTEC-380W-21w...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3364e18b3a

Not LEDs but least ill know I wont get any dash errors. wasnt willing to start messing with the lighting looms adding resistors! but with hopefully the same effect.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I saw them on their site but I am sure my issue is just a broken bulb. I will see what your new ones look like and I may be tempted :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tim said:
If you buy LED lamps that are CANBUS compatible they should not activate the bulb failure light.
Only problem is I cannot source any T20 canbus LEDs, plenty of T10s just not ones that will fit an A1

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah pics would be great please!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am not the best photographer but here is a pic of my LED's

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.