·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ordered this?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yes - not sure "Yes - great technology" exactly sums up my choice - but as it was more affordable than on the higher models in the range and I have the money (burning a hole in my bank account - just need to keep my hands off it until february most likely) I thought why not (but I have ordered over £7,500 extras and I like gadgets).

·
Registered
70 Posts
sorry but am having a blonde moment lol
wht is the advanced key????

·
Registered
274 Posts
and keep the key in your pocket - just walk up to the car, open the handle (it unlocks itself), get in and press button and drive. You only need to get the key out to lock it. On some models, it can also (not sure if it needs vag-com?) be used to set things like the electronic front seat position, height and angle - to that last in use by the person with that key - and some other tricks too.

The main item I wish they had in the A1 would be the electro-mechanical parking brake - i.e. no handbrake handle - you just park and you either push a button to engage it or a button to release it (can't remember which).

·
Registered
19 Posts
hi. ive voted NO Waste of money.
my reason is i had it on the ford kuga i had up until recently and have push button on mini cooper i have so probably doesnt do anything for me.
would take it if standard but def not pay extra for it

·
Registered
166 Posts
Didn't convince me either.
It's kind of cool to just walk into the car not and not needing to handle a key even to start it, but for me it is definitely not worth the price.

What if you want to be around the car but you don't want it to unlock?
And if you want all doors unlocked, do you have to press a button? If you do, it's stupid. If you don't, what if you just want your door unlocked?

eheh I'm definitely not a fan of new technology when it brings you nothing new! The remote, on the other hand, is a great invention (hard to top)!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.