Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't get it from the dealership, but i LOVE my A1 so much i was thinking of ways i could help protect it.. i found a company who offer the life shine, but was wondering... does anyone agree its better than just a normal waxing?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Save your money and do it yourself! I think it is around £14 for the kit. Or go grab some detailing gear from www.cleanyourcar.co.uk

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
I use Victoria Concours Wax... Good stuff, waxed the A1 first day i got it! ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Got Lifeshine for £100 thrown into the deal. Not washed it yet, getting the buckets etc together after picking it up last week.
Not bad if you have any spills as they come round and sort it out for you.
Intend washing it next weekend after getting it nice and dirty :D
Will see how it goes. I don't know if £14 can compare to the £250 it is suppose to be, plus I got over £90 in Autoglyn products thrown in so am happy to pay £100 for it to be done professionally on the car TBH.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Having paid full whack for it I'd say it's not really worth it. When I wash the car you can tell it has been done as the water simply slides off. But I expect a top grade wax would be just as good. As for the bag of AutoGlym bits that comes with the LifeShine package, I saw a near identical kit in Halfords for 50 odd quid.

·
Registered
77 Posts
mmdrew said:
Having paid full whack for it I'd say it's not really worth it. When I wash the car you can tell it has been done as the water simply slides off. But I expect a top grade wax would be just as good. As for the bag of AutoGlym bits that comes with the LifeShine package, I saw a near identical kit in Halfords for 50 odd quid.
OH.
Where is the crying smillie :cry:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had it on my new car in March as I live in the sticks and was aware of just how much salt was on the roads still from the winter etc. My dealer is quite a way away from me which would mean the car would collect quite a bit of muck getting it home. I also couldn't guarantee the conditions (weather wise) that we would get, allowing me to wax it etc close to when I picked it up. At the dealer, the Lifeshine is applied in a heated room. I wanted protection before I left the Audi garage.

I am glad I got it. I have washed it 3 times and the dirt comes off really easy, including the yellow stains that previous threads have mentioned showing on white (although there were only a few on one occassion to be honest).

The car cleaning kit you get with it is great too and it all works really well.

Yes, it is very overly expensive unless you are lucky enough to have it thrown in etc, but for me, who intends to keep the car for 4 or 5 years, then the guarantee is worth something too to me.

However, I have bought some wax and will be giving the car a coat soon, now we have the weather to do it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, i'm thinking of keeping the car for 4-5 years to, so might help keep to looking good and keep the resale value... i hope?!?!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Lifeshine is a con, it's all labour cost, the products are average. I even know people who've had the car paint damaged when the protection was applied. Save the money and get a pro detailer to do it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Dynamo said:
Lifeshine is a con, it's all labour cost, the products are average. I even know people who've had the car paint damaged when the protection was applied. Save the money and get a pro detailer to do it.
My last 2 cars had this and to be honest I thought it made the paint very brittle. The golf in particular was a disaster with stone chips all over the bonnet & front wings.
I didn't get it on the A1

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had the treatment on the A4 and have ordered it again for the A1 as it makes the car easy to clean and the guarantee for the interior is worth having. It is expensive but so are many of the options. I personally would recommend it whether done by the dealer or by a professional valet company.

Well worth trying to get a discount on as the cost of the product, application and kit bag is probably in the region of £80 to £100.

Phil

·
Registered
126 Posts
Eddie1 said:
Dynamo said:
My last 2 cars had this and to be honest I thought it made the paint very brittle. The golf in particular was a disaster with stone chips all over the bonnet & front wings.
I didn't get it on the A1
The lifeshine would not make the paint brittle - Geman cars are known for having the thickest and hardest paint in the business, problem is that hardest often means brittle and therefore more prone to stone chips.Have a look on polished bliss website as they explain this on their site, and they are professional detailers.

Mark

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
E172Essex said:
mmdrew said:
OH.
Where is the crying smillie :cry:
Here ya go, knock yourself out

1 - 15 of 15 Posts