Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for any pictures from you guys who have had fitted new differant coloured air vent sleeves.
Looking for the red and or aluminium ones really any pictures please.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Also interested in the aluminium vents, anyone know how they come off?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don,t think they come off the new vent sleeves fit over the top, double sided tape affair.???

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Really????????

I just assumed they would be replacement items. The TT vents just pull out, thought these would be the same.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I think BigDeuce (remember him?) did it - might be pics in his gallery. I think they just push over the top - whether the factory fitted ones do or not I don't know.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The guy at Audi I asked about this just said they were easy to fit and full instruction came with them.

HOWEVER at present you can only get white ones aftermarket. The other colours are all part of the vent assembly and although clearly show as a seperate part in different colours on Etka they are not available seperatley. So if you damage one them it's going to be expensive.

We will have to either wait for different colours to be released or paint / Vinyl the ones you have.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the competition line interior with the white vents - they look factory fitted rather than stick on and I am very pleased with the way they look.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have the titanium grey ones fitted to match the grey interior. They look very nice, ill get some pics.
They look like clear plastic and painted from behind. If that makes any sense.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes it does make sense i was looking at the red ones saturday in the Bristol flagship dealers not sure about the red ones now the plastic coating makes it look a bit creamy to my eyes , still looking for pictures of the aluminum ones now.
Yes some pictures would be nice.
Cheers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've just ordered my s-line with high gloss black, I didn't know how the aluminum ones would look. Does anyone have any photos, I'm tempted to change before my build if they look good! Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the gloss black vents. I find they reflect on the door glass where the mirrors are. Bit of a distraction in the right conditions. The shinier they are the worse the reflection i guess.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was told when i ordered t that there was not an option to change them on the S-line spec

·
Registered
22 Posts
rleggs, I ordered the aluminum vent on my s-line, for some reason the only one available.

Mike.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Doveeey said:
rleggs, I ordered the aluminum vent on my s-line, for some reason the only one available.

Mike.
When do you get your car???
Would like to see some pics of them
Cheers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
GPL, not until June, its a week 20 build which is May, still pestering the dealer for updates. But will post pics when it arrives.

Mike.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
rleggs said:
I've just ordered my s-line with high gloss black
I never specified anything and I got gloss black, is that not standard?

I am also wondering about the aluminium ones, but need to see them first.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I just changed the colour of my air vents to Amalfi White just last week. Unfortunately I did not change the coulour (Spelling.....WTF?) of my air vents. :lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.