Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
Anyone tried this way to fit a hard drive, used this mini USB Cable = 4F0051510H. Not got the Audi hard drive but i have 250 gig usb powered one. But it didn`t work! Copied my music from my usb to the hard drive which works fine on the usb, comes up with unreadable. Is it my car being a MY2011 or have I not put my music on right? If it's my car would it work on MY2013 or do in need an Audi Hard Drive ? :?

Cheers Jeff

·
Registered
14 Posts
Audi mmi can't recognise a hard drive formatted in windows default NTFS . Need to be fat32 then files will be playable so when attached to pc format it in fat32

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MarkyB68 said:
Audi mmi can't recognise a hard drive formatted in windows default NTFS . Need to be fat32 then files will be playable so when attached to pc format it in fat32
cheers sorted found this link to format to fat32 it works fine and i could have used the usb lead :cool: but i have the other one so i will use it .

·
Registered
27 Posts
mrblue66 said:
MarkyB68 said:
cheers sorted found this link to format to fat32 it works fine and i could have used the usb lead :cool: but i have the other one so i will use it .

How many songs does the MMI recognise you? I was told that there is a limit of about 4,000 songs, can you confirm that you can see and play more than that limit?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pavo said:
mrblue66 said:
MarkyB68 said:

How many songs does the MMI recognise you? I was told that there is a limit of about 4,000 songs, can you confirm that you can see and play more than that limit?
don't no at the mo not sorted all my music out yet but see link below say 7,000
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-Legends- ... 500wt_1054

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got an audi a1 65 plate and a 250g hard drive I've connected the cable but it won't play it says not reckonising the hard drive it's formated in fat 32 anyone have any ideas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts