31 Posts
I have them on mine and looks way better than the standard ones

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
duggie1982 said:
I have them on mine and looks way better than the standard ones
Just put mine in, but they don't look any whiter than the Phillips I just took out :oops: :? ... maybe because it's still sunny outside? ... will have a check later tonight when it gets dark, but I really expected a whiter light than is currently showing :?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have Night Breaker Plus bulbs all round on the front now (Dip, Main & Fogs), along with MTEC T20 "white" bulbs in the DRLs (not the LED ones just white T20 bulbs).

Very pleased with them and they all match up colour wise pretty well as far as I can tell.

A bit pricey to do the lot but worth it for the performance and improved look in IMHO.

·
Registered
811 Posts
scalawag said:
I have Night Breaker Plus bulbs all round on the front now (Dip, Main & Fogs), along with MTEC T20 "white" bulbs in the DRLs (not the LED ones just white T20 bulbs).

Very pleased with them and they all match up colour wise pretty well as far as I can tell.

A bit pricey to do the lot but worth it for the performance and improved look in IMHO.
Any pics ?
Got a link to the T20 ?

Thanks

·
Registered
619 Posts
mrfaize said:
scalawag said:

Any pics ?
Got a link to the T20 ?

Thanks
I'm using these bulbs for my DRLs - check my gallery

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mikecruse said:
mrfaize said:
scalawag said:

Any pics ?
Got a link to the T20 ?

Thanks
I'm using these bulbs for my DRLs - check my gallery
Your lights look good.. can you confirm that these are the bulbs?

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/mtec-380w- ... 7440-pair/

Cheers.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have Xenons, but does anybody know if I can upgrade all the indicator bulbs to LED's. I am surprised they are not as they have gone to town on the detail of LED rear fogs?

Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
They are not LEDs... But genuine VW Silver PSY24W bulbs that replace the orange ones.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm just wondering has anyone used Philips Xtreme Visions? I've read about debates between Xtreme Vision vs Nightbreaker Plus on other forums and there are so many different opinions on them. Anyhow I've ordered a set of Nightbreakers. Also what make are the OEM bulbs? I noticed when looking at the reflectors the stock bulbs give a very slight tinge of blue, or is that standard across all car bulbs?

Also, the Nightbreaker claims to give 35m extra range, how is that possible is the beam is dependent on the headlight reflector design? Although I must admit the range for the stock low beams seems a bit shorter than my H4 Nightbreakers in the Honda. Hence why I've ordered a set of H7 NB's to give it a go.

Is changing the bulbs time consuming? I know the manual gives instructions for sliding the unit out etc.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mojito said:
They are not LEDs... But genuine VW Silver PSY24W bulbs that replace the orange ones.
Are they worth the change mojito? And are they fiddly to change also?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Rkillian123 said:
Mojito said:
Are they worth the change mojito? And are they fiddly to change also?
Although i havent fitted these ones yet, i bought some BMW PY24W's but they have the wrong connections... So be careful which ones you buy.

I did take the Xenon out to try them, and it is a ten minute job each side!

They will remove most of the orange colour in the headlights.

Theres not many subtle mods you can do to the A1, i would say go for it!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mmmm? Still sounds fiddly?
Thanks Moj I will have a ponder on it?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts