Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I went into Audi today to drop off my car for looking at the washer jet leaky nozzle...

I also asked about Glacier white, as I'm confident my spy shots coming back from Scotland a few weeks ago are the real deal...

Anyway here we go...thats glacier white, Amalfi white and Ibis white (not available on A1)

another angle (best one I think) -

Another one on the bonnet of the Amalfi white A1 (lets thank the wonderful salesman for this hand modelling!)

This is with glacier white on a Suzuka grey RS5 in the showroom...it looks a tad shade lighter

To me it looks like a really washed out icey silver, but does have the metallic effect to it. Take it into a dark area and it looks greyish - take it into the sunlight and it looks very white....

Personally I like it looks sharper than the Amalfi white - I'd go for it if I could :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Its a totally bamboozling colour!
It looks grey next to Ibis and Amalfi but put it next to Suzuka and both Suzuka and Glacier look white!

I can only presume it'll be hot! And do a good job of hiding minor scratches and such. So probably a winner :D

Thanks for the write-up *thumbs up*

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it'll def hide scratches! its the same colour as the primer! :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for that - really good pictures

We've ordered a Q3 in Glacier White, and have been trying to get decent pictures of the colour for a while

That really shows the difference between the three :D

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Ive only just noticed this post, thanks for not telling me Taco!!! ;)

I'm really liking Glacier... Antartic white! :D

Love Suzuka Pearl too!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think the Glacier White looks nicer than the Amalfi but I still think Ibis would look the best of the bunch, why they don't offer it is beyond me.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mojito said:

Love Suzuka Pearl too!
omg what do u think i was going on about all morning! :p

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
taconite2 said:
Mojito said:

Love Suzuka Pearl too!
omg what do u think i was going on about all morning! :p
The old picture! hahaha

·
Registered
350 Posts
I heard that (and probably said it somewhere here) that glacier is replacing ibis.
Don't know how true it is though.

·
Registered
207 Posts
looked a t a Glacier A5 today, it's a nice colour, so glossy compared to ibis.. but i still prefer ibis just..

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Dynamo said:
looked a t a Glacier A5 today, it's a nice colour, so glossy compared to ibis.. but i still prefer ibis just..
Should have took some pics... Most of the online pics dont really show the colour well.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
right guys - i'm calling audi tomorrow and telling them to get a Glacier white out for me to take pics of on friday when I go in!

sorted :p

·
Registered
350 Posts
Real pics are definitely needed.
Can't wait to see them!

1 - 20 of 159 Posts