Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I went into Audi today to drop off my car for looking at the washer jet leaky nozzle...

I also asked about Glacier white, as I'm confident my spy shots coming back from Scotland a few weeks ago are the real deal...

Anyway here we go...thats glacier white, Amalfi white and Ibis white (not available on A1)

another angle (best one I think) -

Another one on the bonnet of the Amalfi white A1 (lets thank the wonderful salesman for this hand modelling!)

This is with glacier white on a Suzuka grey RS5 in the showroom...it looks a tad shade lighter

To me it looks like a really washed out icey silver, but does have the metallic effect to it. Take it into a dark area and it looks greyish - take it into the sunlight and it looks very white....

Personally I like it looks sharper than the Amalfi white - I'd go for it if I could :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Its a totally bamboozling colour!
It looks grey next to Ibis and Amalfi but put it next to Suzuka and both Suzuka and Glacier look white!

I can only presume it'll be hot! And do a good job of hiding minor scratches and such. So probably a winner :D

Thanks for the write-up *thumbs up*

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it'll def hide scratches! its the same colour as the primer! :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for that - really good pictures

We've ordered a Q3 in Glacier White, and have been trying to get decent pictures of the colour for a while

That really shows the difference between the three :D

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Ive only just noticed this post, thanks for not telling me Taco!!! ;)

I'm really liking Glacier... Antartic white! :D

Love Suzuka Pearl too!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think the Glacier White looks nicer than the Amalfi but I still think Ibis would look the best of the bunch, why they don't offer it is beyond me.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mojito said:

Love Suzuka Pearl too!
omg what do u think i was going on about all morning! :p

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
taconite2 said:
Mojito said:

Love Suzuka Pearl too!
omg what do u think i was going on about all morning! :p
The old picture! hahaha

·
Registered
350 Posts
I heard that (and probably said it somewhere here) that glacier is replacing ibis.
Don't know how true it is though.

·
Registered
149 Posts
All these teasing images!, when are we going to see the first real pictures of this colour in the flesh so to speak.

my one is being built this week......

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mojito might know for sure, but both our cars were built last week so should be amongst the first and due in the dealers in about 4 weeks, expect a few dealer cars first in maybe the next 2-3?

·
Registered
207 Posts
looked a t a Glacier A5 today, it's a nice colour, so glossy compared to ibis.. but i still prefer ibis just..

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Dynamo said:
looked a t a Glacier A5 today, it's a nice colour, so glossy compared to ibis.. but i still prefer ibis just..
Should have took some pics... Most of the online pics dont really show the colour well.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
right guys - i'm calling audi tomorrow and telling them to get a Glacier white out for me to take pics of on friday when I go in!

sorted :p

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yeah I did think that, actually one here at my work as well I think it's glacier. Will try to get a piccy

·
Registered
350 Posts
Real pics are definitely needed.
Can't wait to see them!

1 - 20 of 159 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.