Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Purchased a fun 11 series number plate on day of release last year, and got it put on a couple of weeks ago (Took 8 weeks as I had to get it transferred from Swansea to DVLA (Northern Ireland))
Funny seeing people behind you laughing and getting their phones out to take a pic of it as it does stand out especially here as we have dateless plates.
Anyone else pick up a nice 11 reg, or has another good one?

balloxs.png

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was £500 and a LOT of frustrating button pushes on the DVLA web servers on day of release as they crashed so many times.
Also cost just over £200 to get it transferred to DVLA (Northern Ireland) as it had to be registered on a UK Mainland car/moped before it could be used over here, at least its now opened up more possibilites later if I wanted to transfer it again.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Haha, cool plate! I am going to buy a private plate towards the end of the year.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
I'm tempted by a plate but can't decide what to have lol

No good having A1 in the plate as I'll be changing it in 2 years...

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I can remember regularly seeing PEN15 around north London

Don't think i would have the cojones for it

·
Registered
7 Posts
The best private plate I've seen so far was BJ08 SUX, if i remember right that was on a small ford white van, great sense of humour I thought. :lol:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Ha ha. Well worth the money mate. At least I will know you when I see the car....pretty distinctive. :). An Audi a1 meet in northern Ireland later on this year I think!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
triplefan said:
I can remember regularly seeing PEN15 around north London

Don't think i would have the cojones for it
Funny you should say that, I had an email from the bloke that owns that registration yesterday after I contacted him.
I asked him a couple of questions regarding transfers, as I was worried that I heard certain registrations could be withdrawn that had crept through the release process by mistake.
Started off his reply with B*llocks :lol:
He said that he had transferred, Pen15 and 60CK loads of times.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
How much is pen15 one up for? Just out of interest?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Bartlett88 said:
How much is pen15 one up for? Just out of interest?
That plate has your name all over it Sam! Haha ;)

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
quintonm said:
A "Snip" at £99k
Ill take a Bentley and a free registration.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
99k...are you havin a bubble bath?

Im getting a diesel to save 30 quid a week lol

·
Registered
305 Posts
more money than sense!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Excellent plate, Doveeey junior is a pro golfer so we hope to get BA11 TEE, its up for £750 from DVLA.

Best plate belonged to some 6's model who's name escapes me it was 5EXY.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Did it cost anything o get it transferred to northern Ireland?? I have found a plate I may be interested in...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
rghealth said:
Did it cost anything o get it transferred to northern Ireland?? I have found a plate I may be interested in...
SpeedyReg (Who are very reputable and based here) charged £120, then there was a fee of £80 to DVLA, and another of £25 for DVLA Swansea.
The £80 that you already pay when buying the plate is used for transferring it onto a vehicle registered on the Mainland.
Its done in a couple of phases.

They tell you it takes between 4 to 6 weeks, but it was 8 weeks in total for me.(I suppose a couple of bank holidays etc during that time)

BTW I PM'd you earlier.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Doveeey said:
Excellent plate, Doveeey junior is a pro golfer so we hope to get BA11 TEE, its up for £750 from DVLA.

Best plate belonged to some 6's model who's name escapes me it was 5EXY.
I think it was 505 EXY on the plate as SO SEXY

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.