Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im having a small issue whereby when i fill my A1 TDI up at the petrol station, a bit of fuel goes in and then it just clicks (like you have a full tank click)... I have to fill the tank up with the pump at an angle in the fuel filler.

Ive just had another A1 TDI courtesy car for a day, and it had the same problem so just wondering if anyone else is having this problem or am i simply a special case when it comes to petrol stations that i cant even work a pump!!! :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yh its weird someone brought this up the other day ill find you the link to the thread.

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers mate

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
jollyretard said:
Hey guys, im having a small issue whereby when i fill my A1 TDI up at the petrol station, a bit of fuel goes in and then it just clicks (like you have a full tank click)... I have to fill the tank up with the pump at an angle in the fuel filler.

Ive just had another A1 TDI courtesy car for a day, and it had the same problem so just wondering if anyone else is having this problem or am i simply a special case when it comes to petrol stations that i cant even work a pump!!! :D
Ahhh... That was me with the problem. Was it a Shell garage too?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mojito said:
jollyretard said:

Ahhh... That was me with the problem. Was it a Shell garage too?
HAHA yes it was actually!! But i have had the same problem at tesco, sainsburys and jet garages (basically all the ones ive been to!)

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Tesco pumps were fine with me... It's a strange one hey.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had it at Asda yesterday, though I did manage to find an angle that got it flowing well for a while. It might be something we master over time. :shock:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I use Tesco and Shell. Never have problems with either on my TDI.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Spencer said:
I had it at Asda yesterday, though I did manage to find an angle that got it flowing well for a while. It might be something we master over time. :shock:
same... just filled mine up and i found if you pop it normally and try to fill up *CLICK CLICK CLICK*...

however if you rotate about 45 degrees anticlockwise, then fill up.. it works no problem!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ok filled up twice now,fuel flap ok,total fuel station,inserted pump nozzle with no problems,if anything i thought the filler neck of the tank was too wide for the pump nozzle..
both times got my hand covered in diesel,will have to remember to use the gloves provided next time .

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
jollyretard said:
Spencer said:
same... just filled mine up and i found if you pop it normally and try to fill up *CLICK CLICK CLICK*...

however if you rotate about 45 degrees anticlockwise, then fill up.. it works no problem!
90 degrees clockwise at Sainsburys for me :?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
filled up at the same shell as i always do today... and no problems? weird

·
Registered
442 Posts
i use asda and no probs

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mines always been fine until it gets hot. Perhaps the extra heat venting from the tank can cause the nozzles to think there's too much fuel in due to the pressure?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts