Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. New member here.

After recently acquiring an A1 (17 Plate) I’m baffled by an issue with the fuel gauge.

When I fill up the tank the needle seems to stay at full for a couple of days use then drops quite rapidly after this? I thought I’d read somewhere that this was a known issue but can’t seem to find any information on it and wondered if any of the members here have had a similar issue with their A1?

I’m wondering if it could be a faulty sender unit in the tank?

Any help would be greatly accepted.

·
Super Moderator
2014 A1 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Contrast Line +
74 Posts
Ah, fuel gauge issues....
My daughter's A1 was off the road for 4 months after an accident. I collected it from the bodyshop last week and was surprised to see the fuel gauge at 3/4 full. I stuck 18 litres of unleaded in to brim it (45 litre tank). So far I have done nearly 200 miles in it and it's down to about 7/8 full. I know I'm economical but....

Moral of the story: Don't trust the fuel gauge on a newly acquired car or after a lot of work has been done. They seem to need a while to "bed in" and calibrate correctly (my other daughter ran out of fuel last week with the fuel gauge on 1/4 and a range of 135 miles showing - not an Audi though). I'm waiting to see what happens to the A1's fuel gauge over the next few days but when I get to 300 miles, I'm going to fill it to the brim again (unless someone explains why I shouldn't.....)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts