Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is the second time this has happened.

Go to put fuel in the car, and the spring loaded flap refuses to spring open. Have already smeared a little grease on the small sprung piston.......but just had a panic call from my wife struggling to get the thing open??

Anyone else had/having this problem?

·
Registered
218 Posts
search this forum, there was quite a bit about this problem about 3 years ago when they were first about.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Very true, early models seemed to have this problem quite a lot and Audi allegedly fixed it and I have not heard of it for several years or had the problem on my MY2013.
I believe the work around advice when it was common for the filler flap to jam was to carefully use a credit card or similar plastic which levered the cap open when stuck.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I remembered the filler manual release today but you beat me to it daydotz.
I have checked it out in the manual. It's under a cover on the back offside corner of the boot and is shown in the section of the manual titled 'Checking and topping up fluids' (page 140 in my manual).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all had this problem tonight managed to open it then found the the pull cord to the flap bt pulling it did not do anything any help please many thanks dawn

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all had this problem tonight managed to open it then found the the pull cord to the flap bt pulling it did not do anything any help please many thanks dawn

·
Registered
205 Posts
You pull the cord the press the flap, I found that gently bumping the flap as you unlock the car works in most cases, you will also find a error on diags (fuel filler short)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts