Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front drivers seat started squeeking a few weeks ago. I found it was really loud when it was cold and stopped when the interior warmed up. If you move your body back and forth while seated, it's really quite loud. I found by slightly pushing the seat belt latch towards the passenger seat, it stopped the squeek altogether.

I decided to remedy this myself. I noticed there is a fabic covering wrapped around the seat belt latch to protect the centre consol (handbrake) plastic. I had some left over felt pads like the ones used to protect laminate wood flooring. I stuck it in between the seat and the seat belt latch. The noise has stopped!

P.S. The felt pad I used was tan coloured. To match my black interior I simply coloured it with a black felt tipped marker.....changing it to black.

P.P.S. Be proactive and do the same with the passenger seat while you're at it. Chances are it will make the same squeek, if it hasn't done so already.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks. Mine passenger seat started doing this after just one day and after some hunting I thought it was the latch but hadn't had a chance to fix it yet.

Also noticed various pieces of soft tape around the boot. Guess these are there to do the same thing. Bit shoddy looking to be honest.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts