Liked your VCDS mods, more info?

·
Registered
263 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for that luke997. Just a few questions....
Is there any other info from Elsawin that may be helpful with regards to the grill removal? Does Elsawin give step by step directions as well? What section in Elsawin did you get those schematics from?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sid said:
Cheers for that luke997. Just a few questions....
Is there any other info from Elsawin that may be helpful with regards to the grill removal? Does Elsawin give step by step directions as well? What section in Elsawin did you get those schematics from?
Yes, it's all there albeit in German. It crashes in Win7 when I change the language...

·
Registered
552 Posts
You can't change the surround on it's own. It is only available as part of a complete grille. Sorry.

I bought my chrome grille in Germany, delivered for 200 quid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im trying to buy an s1 full chrome grille for my a1 2.0tdi but don't know where to find 1 at a decent price. Also is it a straight swap over.? Any help would be much appreciated.. as I don't have loads of cash,just trying to make my a1 a bit different from others I've seen. Any advice where to buy 1 would b great. Thank for any help I can get

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've just had somone reverse into my audi a1 sline ....cracked my front grill and my number plate .....front grill cost £301.96 ...from jct600 and now he wants me to take it to a back street garage to get it fitted for free ....and I don't know what to do ....jct600 want over £200 quid to fit it ....

·
Super Moderator
2014 A1 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Contrast Line +
83 Posts
Sorry to hear this, it's quite an involved fit requiring the entire front "bumper" to be removed from the car. Is he trying to avoid going through insurance? It's your car and in theory your choice on what to do. Also you should get matching front and rear number plates at his cost as in future, a different supplier name on the front plate is an indication that the car has probably been accident damaged. I've just been through a long rebuild with a great bodyshop after my daughter's A1 suffered front end damage.... there are very few second-hand grilles for the A1 on the market, and they're not usually much cheaper than genuine new, since the sellers know there is a shortage of supply and raise their prices accordingly. Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts