Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's finally happened ...

Some [email protected] has managed to put a chip in my passenger door and I haven't had my car a month yet!!!

I'm sure it's some arsehole from my work who parked too close the other day! Just had to come on here to vent my anger ... anyone else had this sickening moment of finding that first scratch etc?

Any ideas on how to fix it? It's down to the undercoat about 4mm long and about 2mm wide, thank god no dent though ... it looks like a permenant piece of dirt / splash mark *sighs*

Rant over :oops:

G

·
Hi LSGAudi,

Yep, these inconsiderate excuses for human beings are everywhere, unfortunately. If I ever catch one....

Ok then, lets try and sort this out. Did you get a touch up stick when you got the car, or can you get one? The Audi ones are the bast match IMO. If you dont want to pay for a paint shop to do this for you professionally, a decent touch up stick, some wet and dry sandpaper and some product will get this almost invisible.

Audi touch up's come with colour and clear coat, and if you can catch your fingernail on the scratch or chip, or see primer, it'll need filling in. If there's a dent, you'll need an expert like DentWizard.

A great guide to doing this yourself from Detailing World here,

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... hp?t=20127

I've done this repair myself and its almost impossible to see.

HTH

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
I was always scared round your/mine locale of some kid scratching my a1...been lucky so far!

My last car got whacked during the heavy snow!

Chipsaway were good to me with previous scrapes

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the height of the chip is quite high up on the door, I'm thinking some eejidt in a 4X4 / MPV ... grr!

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Oh well on a light note your album looks good! Keep meaning to take mine up walney for some pictures hehe

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Sorry to hear about some a-hole scratching your A1.
There's so many of these idiots about these days... They need a good hiding IMO ;)

Hope you get it back to A1 condition.

·
Registered
619 Posts
2 door marks in my left side now... both done within the last 5 days, I am not happy!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same shit happened to me. My A1 was 9 days old when some tosser dropped what looks like a sports bag down my driver side door on Tuesday, Amalfi white with 5 black vertical scratch lines. Scratches have gone thru top coat you can feel it with your finger nail, not happy at all. Didn't get auto glym protection when new as they wouldn't budge on price. Getting the car detailed locally next week (clay bar and polish etc for £80) so hopefully all should be ok. A good kicking is required! :evil:

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Fourthed?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sme thing happened to me - picked mine up 1 week ago and there are a couple of bashes on the drivers door already. It's matte black as well so not that easy to pain match!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Came back to my car yesterday to find a nice dent on the rear wheel arch - picture attached - as always i'd parked miles away from everyone else but an estate car had decided to park up next to me... didn't notice this until I got home...

IMG_1483.JPG

I have emailed the picture to a few dent repair places in london, hopefully it won't cost too much to repair as it's quite small, we'll see. The car is well and truly christened now after the earlier scratches someone had left me with http://www.a1-forum.co.uk/a1forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3842 - I think I need to leave the car in a protective bubble!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Ohhh mannnn! :cry:

Hope you get it sorted, its on a crease line... But they maybe able to sort it as it is tiny!

·
Registered
1 Posts
had mine a week and someone has put a dent in my driver's side wheel arch - must have wacked it so hard the blue paint has come off onto my car....thinking it was done deliberately out of jealousy. I love my car and this has really peed me off! Inconsiderate b******s.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
markluk said:
Came back to my car yesterday to find a nice dent on the rear wheel arch - picture attached - as always i'd parked miles away from everyone else but an estate car had decided to park up next to me... didn't notice this until I got home...

I have emailed the picture to a few dent repair places in london, hopefully it won't cost too much to repair as it's quite small, we'll see. The car is well and truly christened now after the earlier scratches someone had left me with http://www.a1-forum.co.uk/a1forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3842 - I think I need to leave the car in a protective bubble!
Do you think people are jealous and do this on purpose ... or are they just clumsy ieejits?! :x

·
Registered
512 Posts
I think some people just dont have any respect for other people and thier property!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'd only had my A1 for 4 hours before somebody opened their door onto mine, denting and chipping my passenger door handle.

Fortunately it only cost £30 to get sorted.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts