Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening,

I have been having a good read through the owner's manual the past few days and noticed, on page 160, that a factory fitted fire extinguisher should be in the footwell on the front passengers side.....

Anyone got this??? I certainly haven't....

On the same page it mentions the first aid kit and warning triangle, both of which I do have....

Was just wondering if anyone else in the UK has one fitted or if anyone else in EU has one....

Cheers,
Andrew

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Nope, not in ours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Amirkhan2621 said:
Does It include an instruction manual on how to tackle a car fire on the motorway?

:lol:
Not quite lol

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi

Its on page 182 in my Manual and clearly says 'applies to vehicles with fire extinguisher' which obviously mine isn't!

- I don't suppose UK models have them. The First Aid kit and Warning Triangle aren't mandatory here, but perhaps they felt obliged to provide those since they are required if you cross the Channel.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Does anybody know whether there is an A1 retrofit kit for the Audi fire extinguisher ? Or maybe the A3 retrofit kit will fit in an A1 ?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
You will find the Audi branded fire extinguisher will be at a much higher price than an aftermarket fire extinguisher. If you decide to go for the aftermarket one, just make sure it meets your country/EU standards. Another absolutely improtant fact is......it must be securely mounted. If it isn't, it will be a projectile within your interior if you are involved in an accident (i.e. roll over). These types of projectiles can KILL!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts