Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,

Well my S Line finally arrived last night and it's fair to say it was well worth the wait!! It is truly awesome!!

Picking the car up from the dealer was very quick, everything was checked and the only thing incorrect was the removal of the "TFSI" on the rear quarter, which they removed there and then. I got a full tank of fuel, flowers and a few keyrings - which was nice of them (the fuel was anyway!)

I chose amlfie white and I am glad I did, it makes it stand out a lot more in my opinion. I also have the Autoglum option (simply because I got such a good deal on it) and when it was parked on the forecourt with the other nice new washed/polished cars it was noticeable.

My first impressions on driving it weren't too good, simply because I hit 5pm traffic on the A19 :( so it was bumper to bumper. Took her back out later on the night and the drive is awesome, I love the handling, anyone who is doubting the S Line suspension, don't! Yes it is harder (and lower) but the handling is really solid. Tyres are good also (Bridgestones).

The engine is really good too, good little pull from the turbo, plenty of scope for it to be "TMC'd" :D

Can't comment on mileage yet as I have only done 100 miles.

Interior is very good quality (as we expect) everything is nicely placed and works lol. I am used to the start/stop already and it's a handy function. Not much storage (didn't get the added packs) but that doesn't really bother me, more storage means more crap being pushed in!

The MMI is good, I expected a bit better quality screen as the cover art from my Iphone is a bit grainy but other than that lots of menus and settings to fiddle with lol. Haven't managed to get through everything yet might take me a few days!

My fav feature so far has to be the telephone function. The quality is really really clear and when it's paired all my contacts come up. Easy to use and when you have mastered the steering wheel functions to suit, you could do it blindfolded (not that you would tho haha!)

So many positive things about this car, HOWEVER, I do have one or two hates already!

As many on here, I can here a rattle from my passenger seat! Only slightly, can't hear it when the music is on but defiantly can when it's off. Going to have a route around tonight to check I haven't dropped something.

Also I am not a fan of the standard radio, the quality is not as good as I would have expected. Wish I had upgraded to either the Audi system or BOSE.

Lastly, I also changed the bulbs to my new ones. What a total faf on!! After reading the handbook and followed the instructions I could not get the lights to sit correctly again! Took me about 30mins of taking them on/off! First car I have had were you need to remove the full headlight! Audi must also think people in the world have really thin hands! Getting the LED bulbs in was a task, even with using some of the tools!

Anyway they are done and happy with the LED bulbs. Not so happy with the Bluevision bulbs, don't amount to much so I think I might swap over to the Diamond vision ones.

I have a few pics in my gallery, I will add more when I get chance.

Summary - Fantastic car, no doubt about it!!

Note to those waiting for March, don't worry its worth it :p

Andrew

·
Registered
442 Posts
Thanks for the quick write up Andrew , Yes a worry to hear people say the s line suspension is hard ( I thought being the dearest the s line would be bang on ha ha )

thats good a full tank of juice , thats the only regret Ive thought of? not ordering the audi system ( but the end of day my younger days have gone and having my music on the max wouldnt look to good ha ha ) least will have more room in the boot.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
daytonasliner said:
Thanks for the quick write up Andrew , Yes a worry to hear people say the s line suspension is hard ( I thought being the dearest the s line would be bang on ha ha )

thats good a full tank of juice , thats the only regret Ive thought of? not ordering the audi system ( but the end of day my younger days have gone and having my music on the max wouldnt look to good ha ha ) least will have more room in the boot.
True more room, and my days of loud music is gone I was just a bit disappointed with the standard system.

The petrol was nice of them, but I've used almost half already haha!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Great review :) you need the dimond vision in your life :D

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nipz said:
Did you have to trim one of you LEDs by anychance??? One of mine was really tight and I had to shave some plastic of the sides lol!!

Then again, what do you expect for £5 lol!

·
Registered
220 Posts
shakeystevo said:
Nipz said:
Did you have to trim one of you LEDs by anychance??? One of mine was really tight and I had to shave some plastic of the sides lol!!

Nah mine fitted great just one doesn't work lol found out last night though that the 6 LEDs around the bulb are broken which causes the warning light to come on. The 6 on the front are fine.

·
Registered
445 Posts
shakeystevo said:
daytonasliner said:

True more room, and my days of loud music is gone I was just a bit disappointed with the standard system.

The petrol was nice of them, but I've used almost half already haha!
I find the radio quality not that good,but CD is OK.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you shakeystevo - very interesting to hear your initial impressions.

I agree with Tim - of all the various audio options the radio is the least impressive especially AM eg Five Live. I'm more than happy with AMI, jukebox and Bluetooth streaming though.

Chelmersteve - how is the DAB radio???

·
Registered
921 Posts
DAB is fine though the effect when it momentarily switches to FM and back again if the signal is bad can be quite disconcerting. The extra info that's available with the digital signal can be fun. Vast range of stations too. I have no problems with the quality of the standard radio - its as good as all the A3's I've had and better than the standard on many cars

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nipz said:
shakeystevo said:
Nipz said:

Nah mine fitted great just one doesn't work lol found out last night though that the 6 LEDs around the bulb are broken which causes the warning light to come on. The 6 on the front are fine.
Arrggghh the bulb warning has come up on mine too :(

Did you find a fix Nipz???

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MDPlatts said:
shakeystevo said:
Arrggghh the bulb warning has come up on mine too :(
Der Vater Audi knows best !!
Going to hunt for a t20 oem bulb, that should hopefully work better.

·
Registered
220 Posts
O NO!! What side is it on? Its only on the right still for me and as i said its only the outer ring that seams to come on and off! I emailed M-99 today and awaiting a reply.

Are there any other LED bulbs that fit into the W21W size hold?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nipz said:
O NO!! What side is it on? Its only on the right still for me and as i said its only the outer ring that seams to come on and off! I emailed M-99 today and awaiting a reply.

Mines the right lol.

So have some of your led bulbs on the ring just stopped working??

·
Registered
220 Posts
shakeystevo said:
Nipz said:

Mines the right lol.

lol that is very weird!!

You know the bulb has 6 LEDs on the front then it has 6 around the outer ring. Well its the 6 around the ring that face outwards that are faulty!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nipz said:
shakeystevo said:
Nipz said:

Mines the right lol.

lol that is very weird!!

You know the bulb has 6 LEDs on the front then it has 6 around the outer ring. Well its the 6 around the ring that face outwards that are faulty!
Hmmm just been to check mine. All LEDs are still on... Including the outwards facing ones.

Think I'll contact M99 too.

eBay has a few other bulbs but am not sure what they will be like.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.