Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys im currently searching for an a1 185 ps hopefully at the end of this week ill end up with something! im just wondering though ive been looking at some videoes on youtube and this video here

you can hear the s tronic pop inbetween the gear changes and it sounds amazing however on other videos i have looked at i can bareley hear anything?!? :eek:

whats the crack then guys! do you hear a nice pop noise? or do you think the car is modified in the video ect? thanks for your help
regards
ian

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah, I saw that too and was hoping for a lovely pop on gear changes.

I was also hoping for a supercharger whine but I'm not sure what I'll hear, wouldn't mind some info off other 185 owners too :)

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
my neighbours new RS5 pops during gear changes ooooooooo yes :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
Brill! Does it sound like that video in the original post at all?

Also, can you notice the supercharger at all, when driving, I can kinda hear it in your video?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea that would be great post up some videos! ive testdriven the 185 and yes you hear the supercharger whine at low revs and then the turbo kicks in and for a few seconds depending on where you hold the revs i heard both at the same time, to be fair it sounded brill! x

·
Registered
354 Posts
I barely hear anything, The pop noise is at the exhaust, and I think if the viedo has set the microphone at the back of the car. In the same way that the camera is professionally setup up to look at the speedo.

So I guess people outside will hear the nice pop, but I dont notice it.

The whine and hiss of the super charger and turbo charger are there in abbundance

Engine souns nce and throaty to.

·
Registered
25 Posts
taconite2 said:
my neighbours new RS5 pops during gear changes ooooooooo yes :D
It was designed to do that....

The 185 on the other hand probably not although I would have thought it would "snort" a little on the upshift and pop on the downshift.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just cannot get enough of this engine sound... I do not hear the pop as well as most of the time I am in the car :) not running behind it...:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.