Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I noticed the little bit at the bottom of your post... 'Thanks to Mojito'; tell me more about the needle swoosh and audible locking opening tones. How was this done?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Could you not of mentioned you would post this before I ordered the CD! Haha

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nipz said:
There are step-by-step written instructions that go with the photo's. So you're best off getting the CD. ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
BigDeuce451 said:
Nipz said:
There are step-by-step written instructions that go with the photo's. So you're best off getting the CD. ;)
I'm gonna need them haha!! Should be here tomorrow :)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you think that's funny, just wait until you try to install it in English. I hope you can understand German. Absolute LOL baby!!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
BigDeuce451 said:
If you think that's funny, just wait until you try to install it in English. I hope you can understand German. Absolute LOL baby!!!
... Explain haha!!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nipz said:
BigDeuce451 said:
... Explain haha!!
The instructions are "almost" accurate. You really need to either print out the instruction, or in my case, I had the instructions up on my home computer while I was loading onto my personal computer. It takes some time to load.

Towards the end of the loading process, it states something like this "if this is in German, you have not unchecked German, and checked English as your language". This is wrong in the instructions. It says to remove the program and start the loading process again......DAMN IT! :evil: I got to the same point again, after ensuring I changed to the English language only, it was once again in German.

I looked at the instructions on my other computer as a translation medium and filled in the appropriate boxes, etc. Voila, it came up in English only. :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
O crap!! Well I'll have fun tonight then :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
When I installed my v3.90 of Elsawin I ticked the box to say English but also left the German box ticked and it installed OK and always comes up in English.

Once it is installed if you go to the menu at the top of the screen and click Settings - Language, you can change between German and English.

·
Registered
1 Posts
BigDeuce451 said:
Here's the photo's for the exterior mirro removal. Of course you must remove the mirror (glass) prior to removing the mirror covers.
Hi - trying to get LHS mirror glass out on a new 2013 a1. This tool - pictured - which end goes into the gap? why the slots at the end? how much force required? I have tried with 1 or 2 bent metal bars, using quite a bit of force, not sure exactly where to push - any experience appreciated. On new mirror I have ready to fit, it is not at all clear where one should be pushing to remove without something breaking. What position should mirror be in before trying this? Thanks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
There's no relevance to the slots at the end. To spread the load I used a wide chisel wrapped in a micro-fibre cloth and you just apply the leverage. The one thing I would say is if you can apply some heat or try and do it when the cars been in the sun (I know is difficult in winter) it will be easier. With the cold the plastic doesn't tend to 'give' so much and could snap or worse still crack the mirror. Just be careful! (usual forum disclaimers apply!)

·
Registered
170 Posts

This is a picture I used on one of my "how to's" except chisel should be wrapped in cloth!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts