Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I thought it would be interesting for me and others who are awaiting our A1s to know how accurate peoples estimated delivery dates have been?

Many thanks

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'd be interested to know too... mine's already been pushed back, so soon too. :|

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just heard through a mate in our lease car dept that some of the esitmated delivery/build dates have been reduced by Audi, across the range, by more than a couple of months! Hopefully this will impact positively for some people on here too.

·
Registered
138 Posts
A bit like asking, how long is a piece of string? My original delivery date was September, then the build week was brought forward twice because of the paint problems affecting some orders. The new anticipated delivery date became the last week in June, then glitches set in - I think an Audi employee must have pushed it from the factory to Emden. I'm now hoping for delivery next week :)

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
I had this discusion with my dealer and he said its always going up and down. Supply and demand...

Audi do use thousands of suppliers for the cars and they hold alot of stock items (engine eg) in VW's factory in Wolfsburg. As you can imagine getting all these companies to work together to deliver in harmony is quite a pain in the arse...

·
Registered
165 Posts
A lot of the engines used by VW and Audi are built at the plant in GYOR in Hungary. Trains take bodies for the TT that are made in Ingolstadt to GYOR for final assembly and return full of engines for use at Ingolstadt.

I don't know if engines made in GYOR make their way to other Audi plants as well.

·
Registered
921 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
The A1 my wife has on order has been given a build week of 37 (week beginning 12 September) and on the following Monday morning (19th) we have a visit organised to the Brussels factory. So if it's a bit late we may even see her car being made. Should be quite easy to spot - a silver RHD SE model in among all the black and white Sport models!!!

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Lol u know they make a good 200 a day? :p

·
Registered
921 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
50,000 in 2010 since May, assuming that A1 production started the first working week of May '10 (the 3rd) that's 17 weeks out of 2010 leaving 35. Lets also assume they only work a 5 day week. 50000/35/5 = 285.7 a day. If they work 7 days a week it's 204 a day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts