Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Anyone used the Dynolicious iPhone App?

Just downloaded it, so i will give it a go over the next few days when the roads are clear! ;)

It gives you a 0-60 time... BHP and a few more extras and is supposed to be quite accurate.

I know it is not as accurate as a proper Dyno run, but it is good to get an idea on how well your car is performing and maybe good to test it with and without a tuning box or remap!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Not yet but sure ill be purchasing it when she arrives?

I want to know how you find these things? your like a genie? lol :ugeek:

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
hows it work? mic?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The iPhone gyroscope Taco...

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
ok how can work out BHP? :p

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
http://dynolicious.com/

Dynolicious is the first automotive performance meter available for the iPhone and iPod Touch.Dynolicious uses the hardware built-in to your iPhone to measure the performance characteristics of your vehicle. No external wires or equipment is necessary, simply slip the iPhone into a cradle or cupholder and go! Some of the performance metrics Dynolicious can measure:

0-60 Acceleration
Other Speed Tests (0-10 MPH through 0-100 MPH in 10 MPH increments)
1/4 Mile Elapsed Time
1/4 Trap Speed
Elapsed Time and Trap Speed for standard intervals (60′, 330′, 1/8 Mile, 1000′)
Lateral G's (current and peak)
Braking G's (current and peak)
Horsepower (wheel and/or estimated crank)
Friction Circle (max G's in 16 directions)
Downloadable Timed Run Graphs
Downloadable Skidpad Graphs

Unlike other accelerometer-based performance meters, Dynolicious uses the advanced data-handling and display capabilities of the iPhone to make the most of your performance testing. Dynolicious maintains a history of test runs, showing you averages and trends in your results. Dynolicious also allows you to enter modifications performed to your vehicle, and will instantly show before-and-after results to easily identify gains or losses.

Dynolicious utilizes the accelerometer built in to your iPhone or iPod Touch to sense the motion of your vehicle. This data is sampled as many as one hundred times per second, developing a detailed picture of the car's acceleration. This information is then used to determine the speed of the vehicle and the distance travelled. Due to the unique hardware integrated into the iPhone, this can all be done with no setup, wires, or extra equipment.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
"sorry officer for speeding I was doing an acceleration test"

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
taconite2 said:
"sorry officer for speeding I was doing an acceleration test"
late at night on a 60 limit road Taco ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts