Audi A1 Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
My car has just developed the buzzing noise in the drivers car door. At first i thought it was the road surface but when it persisted on a carpet smooth road i went in search. It doesnt happen all the time just every few days but it is very noticeable. As my OH can hear it from passengers seat with radio on. I have found out what is causeing it though. It is the door handle on the inside. If i put my finger on it it stops. So i have booked it in to see if they can fix it.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I noticed a buzz on the drivers door last night while listening to some music. Some tracks with a bit more bass caused a buzz and I thought it was the speaker been driven too hard. So I turn the fader to front and balance to right and could hear it. If I put pressure on the door panel it reduced it. Turning the balance to the left and the buzz went away and didn't appear on the left side.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine is intermittent but is also there when the radio is off:-(

·
Registered
42 Posts
There is a little rubber bit behind the door handle and i think when this is pushed a bit by the door handle it goes in a little. This results in the door handle having nothing to rest against and results in a rattle or vibration. I had this problem with my drivers door. When i pulled the little rubber gently a little the rattle went.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I have the same 'sweet wrapper' type noise that seems to be coming from the passenger foot well, though I can't be 100% sure where it's coming from. I love the car but this noise is really irritating me, being a 'prestige' make perhaps I was expecting better. I took the car to the dealer and explained about the rattles and he gave me the standard 'hard ride' story but I've driven hard rides in the past and no rattles.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I have given up on the rattles in in ours, the drivers side rattles sometimes more so when the radio is on.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've got a rattle as well. Booked in for them to check it out!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Hi

As an owner of a car with a few door rattles, since fixed, I would get the dealer look at the following.

Door lock release cable that needs to be fastened as it rattles against the inner door frame.
Small speaker grill by the door handle can vibrate (with or without the radio on). Usually rattles as a result of this grill not being replaced if the door card was removed for a previous repair.
Plastic securing clips for the door card not fully engaged causing vibrations and too much sound dreading material making sweet wrapper noises.
Door card out off shape, again usually the result of a badly executed repair.

In the end a new door card and speaker grill were fitted, the door release cable secured and extra care was taken to reassemble the parts. I also find that regular use of Aerospace 303 protectant has helped, especially where different types of plastics touch.

To resolve my door rattle involved a number of trips to my dealer, but thankfully the service team are first class and would never give up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
SOLVED! Long story short, it was the fuse 'box' cover. I took it down to Audi Cardiff, the steering pump was making a terrible noise. When mechanic took the car for a test drive, the wss no rattle at all. He even took it out when the car was cold, still nothing. So I decided to have a good look around the internet to see if anyone had a similar problem, I found a few ranging from the passenger seat to parts behind the dashboard, finally I found one that said he had the same sort of noise from the fuse cover, so I took the cover of and went for a drive, totally silent! Just got to find something to stop it rattling again, tape, foam or something. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have this incessant rattle from the passenger side around the air vent area. I wondered if this might the fuse cover also as it only started after I checked the fuses one time. I must do the same and remove it to check.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Arrrghhhhhhhh ... the dreaded door rattle and only had the car 1 week and it started (its a 2013 model) and has got steadily worse the last week.
Went in today and was there all day, Audi dealer said they could not find it and its booked back in ... in two frikkin weeks ... will be going nuts by then. I do not think they even looked at it today and certainly did not take it out as the rattle is obvious.
Wonder whether i can get refund/exchange under the 1 month satisfaction gaurantee?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've also got a low humming noise coming from my passenger door panel. I have a feeling after reading this thread it could be a loose wiring loom or maybe one of the door panel clips were damaged broken when the window tint and smash and grab was installed before taking delivery of the car, but it seems like it's getting worse. I have the Bose system and some songs on just "12" make the panel buzz/rattle enough to make me mad :x
The reason I think it might be from the window tint is because my right rear doors tweeter cover fell off this weekend. Upon closer inspection it seemed that the main clip holding it in place was broken off and someone put some epoxy on it and glued in back in place and now after 4 months it fell off. They thought they could get away with it, but I went and spoke to the dealer principle at my local dealer and they are going to get a whipping. To think they (the window tint company) has the cheek to hide it from me, that after I had to take my car back about 6 weeks ago cause the rear right door's handle wasn't clipped onto the lock correctly so you couldn't open the door from the inside. And this was followed by a case where they had to replace all the clips on all the doors cause they were such gorillas that they broke almost all the clips when removing the interior panels to install the window tint.

I have however ordered the Quattro exterior package's aluminium front lip (the one mjsaville has installed on his car - http://www.a1-forum.co.uk/a1forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=153450&start=60. So once that arrives at the dealership I'll get everything sorted in one visit as appose to taking my car in twice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well car went back in today, picked it up and its worse than ever despite an apparent glove box rattle fixed and the door rattle was some lose mechanism ... but its still there except it noe sounds worse, its almost constant unless the road is dead smooth (some hope in this country).
Its got to go back in for the arm rest to be replace as that supposedly has a slight squeak which i cannot hear so they will have to look at the door again ... for the third time.
Have to say i am going off Audi fast, along with the engine still getting incredibly hot and the brakes make a horrible noise, this is not what i expected from a supposedly quality car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUICK FIX!!

Hi everyone,

Not sure if many people still have this issue but the drivers side door of my A1 was rattling bad. Turns out it was the inside door handle and when I hold it the vibration stops.

This morning I stuck a small piece of velcro (the hoop) side behind the door handle so it isn't resting against the rubber and guess what.... sorted!! No vibration whatsoever. Nice and easy considering Audi wanted to charge me a fortune to get this sorted. Give it a go, let me know if you have the same luck as I do.

If you want to test it then play Undisclosed Desires by Muse loud.. should be rattle free! :cool:

I hope this helps!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts