Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, the wife and I have just recently picked up our third A1 sportback and have noticed a difference in the door locking on the new one. When we switch off the ignition and open the drivers door, none of the other doors or the boot open. You have to press the button on the drivers door before you can open other doors.

I have changed the setting in the MMS to open all doors, but this problem still carries on.

We also have a Q3 which does not do this and neither the two previous A1s either. Does anyone know why this is happening?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I found this on my S1, I too changed the setting on the MMS to unlock all doors and initially it still keep them locked. However you can turn it off (check the manual) so that as you drive away the doors and boot don't lock. I can't get to my manual right now to confirm the steps.

·
Registered
2017 A1 Sportback, Misano red with black roof. Panoramic roof, heated seats, front and rear sensors.
3 Posts
Hi all, the wife and I have just recently picked up our third A1 sportback and have noticed a difference in the door locking on the new one. When we switch off the ignition and open the drivers door, none of the other doors or the boot open. You have to press the button on the drivers door before you can open other doors.

I have changed the setting in the MMS to open all doors, but this problem still carries on.

We also have a Q3 which does not do this and neither the two previous A1s either. Does anyone know why this is happening?
Hi, I know this is an old post and you may no5 have the A1 anymore… but did you find a solution? M6 wife has just bought a 2017 A1 and I too have a Q3 (that has keyless). It does seem crazy that even after opening the drivers door you need to ‘unlock’ to open the back doors or boot!

·
Registered
2017 A1 Sportback, Misano red with black roof. Panoramic roof, heated seats, front and rear sensors.
3 Posts
Hi, I know this is an old post and you may no5 have the A1 anymore… but did you find a solution? M6 wife has just bought a 2017 A1 and I too have a Q3 (that has keyless). It does seem crazy that even after opening the drivers door you need to ‘unlock’ to open the back doors or boot!
excuse typos!

·
Super Moderator
2014 A1 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Contrast Line +
48 Posts
Seems to vary across VAG cars. On some it is in the menu but you may have to try twice as on my Polo, having changed it the first time, it reverted back to only unlocking the driver's door. After a second attempt it now unlocks all doors on first press. Otherwise you just press the unlock button on the keyfob twice in quick succession to unlock everything.
On my daughter's A1 you can configure unlocking yourself to open only the driver's door or all doors.

Also on daughter's A1, you can configure the car to auto-lock when it reaches about 4mph, but you can't do this in the Polo - it suggests that the dealer can configure this though. Next time I have to take it in, I will ask if they can set this up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts