Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of interest, I would like to know from those with the diesel engines, if anyone's had their DPF light come on before at any point? I had this problem with my previous Suzuki Grand Vitara which was a waste of time and fuel when I had to clear this filter. Soon I realised it was a common problem with new diesel cars fitted with DPF such as VW Golfs/Polos and other brands.

This was one of the reasons why I choose a petrol A1 over the diesel. I would like to hear fro
Those who have had this Problem before and those driving a diesel A1.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes I have had the problem but only when the wife drives it for a couple of weeks. Remedy is drive it like you nicked it for 20 minutes, it clears the sooty deposits straight away. The Tec from Audi told me. It works as the light went off after 15 minutes of keeping the revs over 2000

·
Registered
305 Posts
my a1 had this problem, it is common in the 1.6 tdi

a1 was in the audi dealer 3 times with it and broke down twice, once on the slip road of the m5 (my goodness i was popular with the rush hour traffic that day)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know the problem very well since the Suzuki I had for the first two months it was fine, then the light would come on every month, that would be when I had to give it a good drive to clear the filter and I didn't mind that.
Then after having the car for nearly 3 years the filter started to come on every week or two and it just wasn't good & 90% of the time I do city driving! I'm just glad I got the petrol A1 now :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
11fires said:
I know the problem very well since the Suzuki I had for the first two months it was fine, then the light would come on every month, that would be when I had to give it a good drive to clear the filter and I didn't mind that.
Then after having the car for nearly 3 years the filter started to come on every week or two and it just wasn't good & 90% of the time I do city driving! I'm just glad I got the petrol A1 now :)
yeah, its something which nobody should have to deal with, especially when buying an audi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts