Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my ECU updated today when I took the car in to have the paintwork looked at. Anyone else had the update? A couple of things I've noticed;

1) It seems to be driving better at low revs. This could of course be in my head.

2) The DIS stays on for about 30 seconds after locking the car. The MMI also stayed on and didn't go off. I had to turn the ignition back on, turn MMI off, then switch off again. If this continues to happen, I'll be mighty pissed.

My bluetooth also appears to have developed a habit to drop the connection.

·
Registered
27 Posts
How did you get to know about the update? Did the dealer contact you? Does the update apply to all TDis or just early ones?

·
Registered
442 Posts
I was called to be invited to have a free health check and while there a free software upgrade on the morning i had it booked in for? they rang to say they were having a problem with the software working and asked that i cancel my appointment. I was disappointed when i was told i could wait and have it done at mt next service :? ive only done 4k at the mo

·
Registered
120 Posts
I picked up my A1 at the end of May. Just happened to drop into the dealers to pick up some screenwash, so asked the service department to check my reg no for updates/recalls? - NOTHING!! Not sure if the update is for all cars or if my dealer is mistaken - guess time will tell.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I still don't think this "update" is anything to get excited about, mine's had an update but I was told it's just altering the trigger point for the DPF regeneration

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got the 1.6 diesel s-line. I phoned up about the paint getting rubbed off in the boot and the chap said that there was an update available. My car is an 11 model.

The DIS and MMI change have changed since the update, so I'm not sure it's just the DPF update.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
bigfod said:
The DIS and MMI change have changed since the update
Changed, in what way?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They stay on after ignition off for bloody ages now. In fact, the MMI didn't go off. I had to turn the ignition on to turn it off. I've not driven it since to try again. I'm hoping it sorts itself out......

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
bigfod said:
They stay on after ignition off for bloody ages now. In fact, the MMI didn't go off. I had to turn the ignition on to turn it off. I've not driven it since to try again. I'm hoping it sorts itself out......
:lol: :lol:

Doesn't sound like much of an update

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like the MMI thing was in my head. The DIS does stay on a bit longer though. Not noticed anything else new yet!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine went in specifically for the update. I complained that the ami kept cutting out, my iPod wouldn't work correctly it kept running flat. Also the shuffle wasn't working. Had the update and mentioned that there was a burning smell (possibly DPF) also I have the tailgate issue but waiting fir Audi to bring a tpi out for that.
Since the upgrade the iPod etc works a treat. And there seems to be a different bit in the menu as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts