·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhh cool!... I sometimes visit detailing world and spotted it!

I hope you were pleased with the paint correction, looks very nice!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Only spotted it there myself this evening - and you beat me to it - car incredibly shiny but still scratches left that couldn't be polished out. Just have to live with it .. looks great as long as you don't look too close !! Needs a wash - so i was checking out what to use on detailing world when i spotted the thread.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did the Audi dealers cause the scratches?

I hope they don't wash my A1 on Tuesday... I have my wax all ready, to give it a good shine! :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure if it was dealer or bodyshop who did the wash damage - as car had new wipers fitted as well as spoiler - neither owned up to the damage anyway ... I wouldn't let any dealer wash my car again.

The deepest scratches were done by the bodyshop when they were fitting the spoiler.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Very smart. Am looking forward to booking mine in with a company "oop North" next month perhaps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
mpaton2010 said:
Superb results. What's the damage (£) for something this comprehensive?
We were quoted £300 for the paint correction detail but don't know what it was in the end as the dealer paid for the work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
A1mum, did you have the autoglym treatment before you collected the car from new?.

as an FYI... I also follow Detailing world and since have never asked my dealer to clean the car, in fact I have gone to great lengths even putting a sign in the car on the dash, DO NOT CLEAN, there is clearly a massive difference between the Auto Glym cleaning service that is designed to protect your paintwork and a guy with a bucket of dirty water who scrubs your car down after its been serviced.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Doveeey said:
A1mum, did you have the autoglym treatment before you collected the car from new?.

as an FYI... I also follow Detailing world and since have never asked my dealer to clean the car, in fact I have gone to great lengths even putting a sign in the car on the dash, DO NOT CLEAN, there is clearly a massive difference between the Auto Glym cleaning service that is designed to protect your paintwork and a guy with a bucket of dirty water who scrubs your car down after its been serviced.
Hi Doveeey

Car had no paint treatment when new - just the quick wash at the dealers !! Like you when it goes back for servicing it will have a huge DO NOT WASH sign on it and I will be informing the service dept of this when i book it in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.