Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of us have been saying how useful it would be to have a detailing / car care board here on the forum.
What do people think? :)

There's some enthusiastic detailers here on the site who are keen to share their wisdom!

G

·
Great Idea GadgetGirl !

I believe it would add to the A1 Forum, and all of our shared wisdom and experiences could save A1 owners time and money.

I'd be happy to contribute and do some write ups once my A1 gets here if it will help members.

Another idea - how about 'How To' Stickies, there's a lot of info on here but hard to find sometimes, for example all guides for changing lamps, using VCDS to make changes etc all in one area?

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Great idea
Would also be good if we could hava a technical section for mechanical issues
And one for audio/ media questions

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've already suggested a good template to follow, if possible, and messaged Jae but I've had not response to either the post or the message. There's lots that can be done and really will need to be soon as it grows, a lot of good info is getting lost.

I should have some photos to post soon of my car being detailed by someone in the west midlands which I'll add to the detailing thread if I can find it :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This all sounds great!

I really enjoyed Chunky Monkey's impromptu detailing seminar today on the chat box whatsy.

Lots of really useful information. I feel fully informed!

:D

·
Registered
619 Posts
Good idea. Maybe in the detailing section people could offer their services for money? :p I always try so hard cleaning my car and it never looks as good as I hope!

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Suggestions were made to Jae and he did say changes were being made in the background but as has been said before without some re-structuring of the site Mods can only do so much. Myself and the other mods have done a lot of cleaning up of the site in general but it never seems to last with Members re-posting repeated topics instead of using the search forum and a more recent pet hate of min quoting long ass comments from a previous post. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.