Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed on Audi's website that the guaranteed future value for 1.4 tfsi sport on a 2year PCP is now £9.7k when it was £10.3k when I bought mine 3 months ago. Hope this isn't a sign of softening A1 residuals, I was banking on swapping mine at a year but looks like I might not have the equity I thought. :(

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was told when I got mine that Audi have decided to a be a bit more conservative now with with the value of the A1 after the pcp term has finished in order to have more equity in the car when part ex for a new model, for example after a 4 year Pcp I was told my final payment would be around £4000 but I would more likely get around £5000 for it.

Hope that makes sense

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
More cars on the road! Its normal...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Todge said:
I was told when I got mine that Audi have decided to a be a bit more conservative now with with the value of the A1 after the pcp term has finished in order to have more equity in the car when part ex for a new model, for example after a 4 year Pcp I was told my final payment would be around £4000 but I would more likely get around £5000 for it.

Hope that makes sense
:shock: £4000??

My GFV after 48 months is roughly £8700! Not sure how that works out unless you've spec'd 50k miles a year??

·
Registered
512 Posts
huftonr said:
Noticed on Audi's website that the guaranteed future value for 1.4 tfsi sport on a 2year PCP is now £9.7k when it was £10.3k when I bought mine 3 months ago. Hope this isn't a sign of softening A1 residuals, I was banking on swapping mine at a year but looks like I might not have the equity I thought. :(
It may say that on the Audi website, but what future fixed value did Audi give you when you bought it and signed the PCP contract?? £10.3k after 2 years?? if thats the case you should get the £10.3k minimum when you take it back...

·
Registered
165 Posts
When my wife and I went to see my local Audi dealer a few months ago she was looking for a new A1 SE which gave her the option of 1.2TFSI (86ps)or 1.6TFI (105ps) . She test drove both and said she would be happy with either model althouth the diesel felt quicker because, I assume, of the extra 20ps. When we came to work out a PCP contract to see how they compared we were both quite surprised. The list price of the 1.6TDI is £1060 MORE than the 1.2TFSI but the payments on the PCP contracts worked out 10p per month LESS. This together with the better mpg made the choice for us. The salesman explained that the diesel's residual value would be quite a bit more than the petrol's which is why the payments would be the same.

·
Registered
76 Posts
exactly one of the reasons I went for the diesel and maybe why mines going to be worth quite a bit more than todge's car at the end of 4 years couple with the excellent mpg and free tax its a great little car!!

I've been talking to the guys at AMD about a full milltek system, green cotton filter and re-map, and once there ready should offer a very nice gain for the 1.6 TDi :)

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
A1TDISLINE said:
exactly one of the reasons I went for the diesel and maybe why mines going to be worth quite a bit more than todge's car at the end of 4 years couple with the excellent mpg and free tax its a great little car!!

I've been talking to the guys at AMD about a full milltek system, green cotton filter and re-map, and once there ready should offer a very nice gain for the 1.6 TDi :)
Same TDI all the way on resale! I have owned a few Audi TDI's (Used cars) And i actually made profit on them when selling them! ;)

Keep me informed of the mods... :cool:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Will do buddy!

·
Registered
90 Posts
A1TDISLINE said:
Todge said:

Hope that makes sense
:shock: £4000??

My GFV after 48 months is roughly £8700! Not sure how that works out unless you've spec'd 50k miles a year??
I do a lot of miles a year so gave a hi yearly milage rate, should have gone for a diesel but I just prefer petrol engines.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Yeah Petrols are more fun, i must admit!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Mojito said:
Yeah Petrols are more fun, i must admit!
If the residuals are 50% less, that's expensive fun

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had a TDi manual for the day as a courtesy car on Tuesday of this week.
Mine was in having the drivers seat replaced (great service by the way from Eastbourne Audi, replaced at the drop of a hat because it was squeaking).
Anyway, after having had the diesel for a day I am so glad that I bought petrol and S Tronic. It confirmed that I do prefer both.
As for residuals being poor on petrol cars compared to diesel. I traded in a 1.6 se Petrol A3 against my A1. It was 2 years into a 3 year contract and I was very pleased with what was offered for it (£11000). Meant that after the existing contract was payed off I had no deposit to find at all for the A1 I literally just swapped contracts and cars over.
I am sure that that the A1 will hold better residuals than that, as the A3 is a bit of a tired design now and due an update soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts