Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dunno if this too personal but...how much did ur dealer want to secure the build date? I think mine was quite steep seen as my overall deposit is low. £1500 out of an over £2000 wen the cars not ready till sept? Previous cars with other manufacturers has been 100-500. Do u think its coz im quite young and audi dnt trust me lol

·
Registered
512 Posts
Bartlett88 said:
Dunno if this too personal but...how much did ur dealer want to secure the build date? I think mine was quite steep seen as my overall deposit is low. £1500 out of an over £2000 wen the cars not ready till sept? Previous cars with other manufacturers has been 100-500. Do u think its coz im quite young and audi dnt trust me lol
Possibly...

Mine was only £500. I suppose it depends on the dealer and what stock levels they have of A1's. If they have loads and you decide not to take the car it could take longer for them to sell it on, if that makes sense...

·
Registered
10 Posts
My dealer wanted 10% of the total cost of the car as a deposit. (about £1900) I told them no way was I going to pay that. To get the sale we agreed on a £500 deposit. Talk to you're dealer if they want the sale they should come around to what you want to pay.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yh cheers jus strugglin to get 1500 by of month seen as i was gna use mainly equaty frm my current car as deposit

·
Registered
62 Posts
We're putting £1500 down but only had to pay £200 at the time of ordering, with the rest being due at delivery.

Not sure if this is dealership's standard or if because the finance had already been approved by this point, but we had gone prepared to pay full deposit at that time.

PF.xx

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Similar here... Pre approved the new PCP and left a £250 deposit.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
No deposit here - but then that's Germany for you. Never paid a deposit at point of order here.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
I dont see the point in leaving a deposit in the Uk, as you can get your deposit refunded even when the car arrives at the dealers.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Bartlett88 said:
Yh cheers jus strugglin to get 1500 by of month seen as i was gna use mainly equaty frm my current car as deposit
Are some of the vowels broken on your keyboard? In English please. :D :lol:

I didn't put any deposit down on mine but it was a car that was already built and waiting to be shipped so perhaps that made a difference?

Most places I've been to have always wanted £500 including my last audi...

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
richieshore said:
Bartlett88 said:
Are some of the vowels broken on your keyboard? In English please. :D :lol:

I didn't put any deposit down on mine but it was a car that was already built and waiting to be shipped so perhaps that made a difference?

Most places I've been to have always wanted £500 including my last audi...
Using iphone at work on the sly lol give me a break

·
Registered
37 Posts
Never paid a penny, did sign an order form though. It was a stock car, bought Saturday and picked up the following Thursday, just signed the PCP forms and drove it away leaving my PX there.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hopefully essex audi, harold wood do take the 500 coz otherwise ill be straight up the road to southend or the m25 audi group and nick the build date there lol

·
Registered
305 Posts
Bartlett88 said:
Hopefully essex audi, harold wood do take the 500 coz otherwise ill be straight up the road to southend or the m25 audi group and nick the build date there lol
£500 as well

·
Registered
67 Posts
£500 on ordering, used my Visa debit card on collection for the balance, save getting the cash out of the bank.

·
Registered
274 Posts
£999 - though that was on a £35K A5 sportback - which I had to cancel - and they wouldnt return the deposit but I could re-use it if I ordered something else later on - which I did.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just spoke to him after this and basically said 500 or im else were and he quickly obliged

·
Registered
305 Posts
Bartlett88 said:
Just spoke to him after this and basically said 500 or im else were and he quickly obliged
haha nice one! :D

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank u...ive got to admit it does seem a little stuck up in the dealership. So felt nice to put my foot down

·
Registered
305 Posts
Bartlett88 said:
Thank u...ive got to admit it does seem a little stuck up in the dealership. So felt nice to put my foot down
yeh i found bmw were a bit like this when i went in there so went to audi instead :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.