Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an A1 from Halesowen Audi. No options, apart from colour (Scuba Blue), just a basic 185! Demonstrator (600 miles), and end of the month, so they were keen for a sale. Couple of thousand less than the equivalent new, plus a better deal on the trade-in than I expected and they threw in a couple of sweeteners. Suspect they were pleased with the deal, but so am I, so we're all happy! Salesman was Allan, pleasant to deal with, not pushy and I felt I had plenty of time. Recommended! Picking it up Wednesday, driving down to Croatia in a few days time. I'll take some photos and upload when I have time and wireless connection. Enjoy the Summer, guys!

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Nice deal, awesome colour too

·
Registered
14 Posts
Allan is who I bought from too! Top bloke.

Ordered mine early May, hoping I hear something soon as to when can get it!

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
HelloMj said:
Allan is who I bought from too! Top bloke.

Ordered mine early May, hoping I hear something soon as to when can get it!
Oohhh another Glacier! :cool:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ordered mine from Halesowen Audi as well although not from Allan :p

·
Registered
67 Posts
The 185 I test drove (a couple of months ago) was from Halesowen :D :D :D
They loaned it to another garage in the Jardine Group for me !
I can't remember the colour at the moment, I'll have to check with my wife later.

Don't panic the demo I drove was grey

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Started on the journey to Croatia. Staying tonight in Aalst, Belgium. First observations, UK, just too busy, open roads once I left the tunnel. Keeping to speed limits, so be interesting to see what mpg is. Fascinating to see the moment by moment change in mpg as you accelerate, go up hills, etc. Graz tomorrow!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Onlooker said:
Started on the journey to Croatia. Staying tonight in Aalst, Belgium. First observations, UK, just too busy, open roads once I left the tunnel. Keeping to speed limits, so be interesting to see what mpg is. Fascinating to see the moment by moment change in mpg as you accelerate, go up hills, etc. Graz tomorrow!
Enjoy your holiday, pictures please, including the scenery.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Arrived in Graz. Long descent, instant mpg calculation over 150 for most of it. So far mpg figure is 42.5. I've been keeping around the speed limit for most of the trip. UK there was too much traffic to do so, Austria, weather was foul, so I drove around 55. In Germany I did take the opportunity to go a little faster (85-95) Must say the 185 goes like a dream. I love that roar when you are going about 50 and put your foot down! Not felt the need to switch to Sport, used Drive all the time. By the way, not seen another A1, which surprised me. Zagreb tomorrow!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Back in rather dismal UK! Did about 2810 miles from Leicester to Zagreb and back. Average fuel consumption was 39.8 mpg. Two weeks of this trip was spent pottering about in Zagreb and to little towns just outside. Quite a bit of serious hill climbing on very narrow roads. Just love the s-tronic gear box for this; perfect.

I did take the opportunity coming back to give the 185 some exercise in Germany. 200 kph in no time at all! Very smooth acceleration all the way up to 200 kph and that was fast enough for me. Was in drive all the time, not sport.

So, if anyone is still undecided about a 185, I'd thoroughly recommend it. Great fun to drive, incredibly responsive. Very quick and I reckon just under 40 mpg is a pretty good average for the combination of motorway town and country driving I was doing. What do you all think?

By the way, the drive back to Leicester from the tunnel was a nightmare! Hardly a mile without roadworks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts