Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My company S-Line 1.4 TDi has been ordered through a leasing company. I have been told that delivery will be in June! Is there any way of fnding out if this is true or if it is the lease company being overly cautious? With the snow coming (again!) June sems a long way away.

I see that some of you have written 'build weeks'. What is this and what does it mean?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Also, I spotted my first A1 today in Newcastle under lyme. It was a white S-Line, v nice!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Do you know if your leasing company orders via a dealership and if so, which one?
Shortly after ordering the dealer is given a build week i.e. the week in which the car will be built. As the order progresses this date is either firmed up or moved slightly (seemingly depending on version, options etc) - this then usually becomes the confirmed build week. The car will usually arrive at your dealers around 2 to 4 weeks after build.
If you look through the forum you'll find some people have been surprised recently by their confirmed build date being earlier than they had originally anticipated.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I popped into my dealer today and mentioned that some people were getting June delivery dates. He suggested that if a dealer is already selling their Feb/March allocation, then delivery would be around that date (12 week delivery). They had 200 A1 for next year but once they're gone they're gone.

If you leasing company is sourcing through only a couple of dealers then this might explain the wait. My company A3 came from Leeds when I lived in Essex a few years ago.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. I will ask which dealer it is coming from and get the build date.

Thanks for you help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts