Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all, I am keen to purchase the 5 door version when it comes out. I have read in auto express estimates of autumn this year. Does anyone have any more info? If the car come out in autumn, when will be able to place a delivery. Any information would be great. :?:

·
Registered
108 Posts
According to Auto Express its due next month but don't know if that is UK as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is the response I got...

"With regards to the Audi A1 5 door we are expecting it to be launched in February 2012 however no exact date has been released as yet since we are still waiting to receive the more powerful 185ps (break horse power) model. However in terms of A1 progress the 5 door is the next model to be officially released, before the cabriolet and the S1. As soon as I hear of any updates I will email you to let you know. I have attached a couple of pictures that I found to give you an idea of what the car will look like."

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
tim said:
The yellow one looks like an Ibiza
Yup, certainly does.

I wonder if they share the same platform. I'm sure it will be much better built than the Ibiza, which was my first choice until I drove the 3-door and 5-door versions and found the ride quality was pretty average, but cabin comfort, especially road noise from the back, was terrible !

Oh well, at least I found the A1, so not such a bad thing after all :oops:

·
Registered
142 Posts
The red one looks too much like the A3,from that pic angle...The yellow one i can see ford focus with hint of bmw..yuk.
Its defeating the object of having a mini type car ...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi all,

I don't know - I think the red one looks ok ish, as for the yellow YUK, but then perhaps it's just me. Lol.

Mark

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
As already mentioned, A1 shares it's platform with the Polo. Polo launched the last version in 5 door, then 9 mths later, the 3 door. Look at that car for cues on the A1 5 door (probably to be called "Sportback")

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
Just joined and I was told by a dealer this morning that the 5 door isn't going to be available until early 2013!!! I'm so hoping she has that wrong!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well I am a diehard 5 door man, but I pick up my 3 door A1 on Thursday. Having seen the pictures of the 5 door, the A1 is possibly the only car I prefer with 3 doors. Perhaps I'm just having a mid life crisis.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
I heard March 2012 for the 5 door and also a S1/RS1

·
Registered
165 Posts
I saw several 5-door bodies when I had my factory tour of the Brussels plant. They were just in bare metal and were being used to set up and check some of the robots. Personally I don't think it looks anywhere near as nice as the 3-door but perhaps a full finished and painted model will look better.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yh I think it will look stupid in 5 door version, leave it 3 door I say

1 - 18 of 18 Posts