Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey -

Has anyone found a decent dashmount holder for an iPhone / Phone?

I'm not too keen on that brodit one that slots into the gap at the side of the stereo and it looks like it won't fit RHD anyway.

Ideally one that is by the centre console air vents so it can be charged from the 12v connector.
Main use is for Sat nav apps on the iphone whilst driving.

I might take a look at one that's for a Mini as they seem to have round air vents on the dash also.

Cheers!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just bumping this in case anyone has found a decent holder as I still haven't!

I bought a suction mount that comes with a disc that you stick onto your dash to create a flat surface but this is still pretty poor as the suction keeps falling off!

Any ideas for vent / dash mounts?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
I need some sort of iphone/satnav holder... I was thinking about making something using an iphone case attached to some thin plastic to slot behind the MMI screen so the iphone sits sideways above the screen.

I have been using two elastic bands on the sunvisor to hold it whilst the directions route through bluetooth.

·
Registered
44 Posts
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003 ... 00_details

It was on The Apprentice. Works pretty well. I hook it onto the two centre air vents when I need it. Perfectly sturdy for occasional use, and no sticky marks. It's bendy metal that you hook round your phone, or anything else you want. Only £12-13.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yorky40 said:
Try Googling = car interior mirror phone holder .
Whats your thoughts on something like this ? (gimmick) or mmm

Nice idea but I think it would be in a bit of an un-natural position for viewing and would obstruct the view a bit / distract me being so close to the rear view mirror!

bigfod said:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003Y419K4/ref=oh_o06_s00_i00_details

It was on The Apprentice. Works pretty well. I hook it onto the two centre air vents when I need it. Perfectly sturdy for occasional use, and no sticky marks. It's bendy metal that you hook round your phone, or anything else you want. Only £12-13.
This could be ideal! Is it fiddly to get hooked in for more than occasional use?
Does it stick out very far from the vents?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello

No marks to the dash, the gap just expanded very nice without any violence at all! I will take a pic tomorrow and add in my album!

Edit: The holder i have has a "velvety" surface material:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I assume you have Left hand drive though?
Not sure if they do those Brodit clips for RHD as the Images are just the LHD mirrored as the radio knob is in the wrong place so wouldn't fit I'm guessing!

Could be good if it does fit RHD however!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hmm.. No idea if the manufactures models for RHD.. I hope they do because its a great product!

The silky phone mount itself is a "ball joint" (?) so that you can twist it in any direction...

·
Registered
574 Posts
so from what i can see you need 2 parts ?

you need the bit that goes into the dash

then you need the holder for your phone is this right?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Correct! The bit that goes in the dash is flat, possible to mount whatever.. I went for the velourholder with ball joint that you screw onto the dash-bit!

·
Registered
168 Posts
That Brodit iPhone holder looks the neatest I've seen so far. Will probs go for one myself.

Would be even better without those God damn ugly Brodit stickers all over it. I mean, how many brand name stickers does a phone holder need!

Do the stickers peel off?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the brodit rhd pro clip. Thought it was brilliant at first. Used it for about 1 month with galaxy s phone mount. I stopped using it when the whole thing kept coming off every time I adjusted the phone. On closer inspection a significant gap had opened up between the soft dash material and the control panel. Fortunately after several weeks the gap has mostly closed.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.