Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a lovely drive in the sunshine,towards the end of the journey,not dark enough for lights,i am sure that sometimes my dash lights were on,and sometimes off,am i missing something here? anyone noticed this. :?

·
Registered
145 Posts
The needles are always lit but the backlight come on with the lights. Thats on my SE spec anyway.

·
Registered
142 Posts
yes my a3 is like that, i think you call them neon pointers,also the window switches light up and around the cig lighter.. look real cool dont they.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The needles were lit ,it was the backlights that seemed to be on/off. 1.4 S-Line, Armrest,and dare i say it.? Folding mirrors. :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Are auto ligts an option and have you got them as that would explain it . But it sounds an odd one.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I would say auto lights too but you don't say you have them.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As far as i know, the only options i have on my s-line,are armrest, and folding mirrors, :?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Is there a position on the main lights switch that says 'Auto'

·
Registered
921 Posts
Not that then

·
Registered
811 Posts
The dials dim when the outside light starts to reduce as a 'reminder' to switch on your exterior lights. Had this on my A3 too.

·
Registered
145 Posts
mrfaize is right mine just did it today for the first time . Cool lights on reminder and even on a SE

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yeah,I have noticed that found it annoying ,as the car has DRLs I wait until it gets darker before turning on the lights.

·
Registered
151 Posts
see Page 9 in the Owner's Handbook

i) Note. The instrument lighting is dimmed automatically as the daylight starts to fade ......

·
Registered
1 Posts
Taken my car back to garage today with exactly that problem !!!!http://www.a1-forum.co.uk/a1forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=7&t=655&sid=1e31c9070f2fcfab31af00243eac2ae1#

·
Registered
479 Posts
Sorry to bring this topic up again, but I was thinking if the car is able to automatically dim the instrument lighting that presumably means it has some sort of light sensor... so based on that could it be possible to retro-fit/ code in fully automatic headlights using the same sensor?

·
Registered
37 Posts
:D Hi there,back when i was a newby,i asked the same question.the answer i got was that there is a sensor at about 7,000 on the rev counter.When the light goes darker its a reminder for you to put your sidelights and headlights on,hope this helps. :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.