Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered this option, but today i have been told i will need an extra option to go with it.
1 Bose
2 Sat Nav
3 Audi Sound system

I chose the cheapest option the Audi sound system, does this come with that Sub Woofer fitted in the boot , and if so how much room will i lose , and can it be taken out , and what effect would that have on the sound / radio/ stereo.??????

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am far from an expert but, aren't 'Bose and audi sound system' independent upgrades.....ie you have one or the other.

On my S-Line I ordered DAB radio and the Audi sound system as opposed to DAB and the Bose which was just too expensive.

In my case that combination didn't incur any further compulsory/optional options.

See what other more knowledgable contributors say though.

Good luck.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A1June2011 said:
I am far from an expert but, aren't 'Bose and audi sound system' independent upgrades.....ie you have one or the other.

On my S-Line I ordered DAB radio and the Audi sound system as opposed to DAB and the Bose which was just too expensive.

In my case that combination didn't incur any further compulsory/optional options.

See what other more knowledgable contributors say though.

Good luck.
Yes i have ordered the same as you now DAB with the audi sound system , what i was asking is with the audi sound system do they have to put a subwoofer in the boot or not????
I am worried about losing evenmore space as the boot is quite small.

·
Registered
51 Posts
GPL,

Yes sorry I misread your question slightly.

I am sorry but can't help you with the subwoofer in the boot question...........told you I was no expert !! ;)

Ian

·
Registered
16 Posts
When I ordered my A1 last june you did not have to order one of those extras options so I got the DAB radio with the standard radio, Audi are just milking you, very sad.

·
Registered
274 Posts
GPL said:
Do they have to put a subwoofer in the boot or not????
I am worried about losing evenmore space as the boot is quite small.
It only mentions losing boot space on the Bose.

AS says :- Audi sound system. Includes 6-channel amplifier, 6 loudspeakers in front and rear, 2 tweeters in A-posts, centre speaker in dashboard and subwoofer. Total output of 180 Watt

Bose says - BOSE® surround sound system. 5.1 surround sound* with dynamic noise-compensation, 10-channel amplifier, 14 loudspeakers including centre speaker in the dashboard and 2 surround loudspeakers in the rear shelf. Total output of 465 Watts. Speaker housings with bevelled edge plus lighting for door speaker

1 - 9 of 9 Posts