Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I seem to be getting a bit of a creaking from the front nearside, its most noticable at low speed and I think when the car is well ' flexing - for example when I am revering off of my drive and turning I get a little creaking and going slow down a road where there a few 'holes' it seems to happen. Can't really hear anything at speed or even moderate speed on loacl roads.

Sounds a bit like a creaky spring. I have moved the passenger seat sprayed all underneath with silicon spray and re-positioned and alos moved the back seat rest in and out of position too. Can't quite locate the source though sounds like its somewhere from door area - so have put rubber protector on door seals too and looked undernath car- nothing obvsious.

Anyone else anything similar noise wise ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Got a few rattles that im not happy about , passanger seat or in dash some where, think its a joke tbh, if I wanted a car that was poorly built and rattles I would of saved myself best part of 10k n baught a toyota!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
In fact my miss has a toyota that makes less bloody noise than mine!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sounds similar to the issue I have. Car's in the dealer at the mo having it looked at (for the 2nd time).

The tech demoed it to himself by holding the car on the handbrake and slipping the clutch, was creaking like a good'un as it tried to move forward.

Will report back in due course (expect the car back mid-week).

·
Registered
115 Posts
Atom1 said:
Got a few rattles that im not happy about , passanger seat or in dash some where, think its a joke tbh, if I wanted a car that was poorly built and rattles I would of saved myself best part of 10k n baught a toyota!!!
Dude, it's a new model, what did you expect. If you wanted a bit more refinement then you should have bought an A3, where they've had years of ironing out all the teething issues.

·
Registered
284 Posts
"Dude" when you buy an Audi you expect quality time inside your car and excellent build quality. Otherwise you could just stick with a Seat and save urself 6 to 10 grand...

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Drove to work this morning and it definitely is still persisting even though I was convinced it was inside the car .... two thoughts here

1) The previous generation Polo / Ibiza / Fabia - all had problems with rubber / plastic suspension bushes, that used to creak groion especially when they dried out. Is there a similar set up on the A1 ??

2) I noticed this morning there seems to be a fair bit of rattling too now (when I went down a really bad potholed road at about 5 - 10 mph) - I wondered if there is some shielding or plastic underbody trays thay are loose ? Anyone had this ?
possibly could be connected ???

Just hope its not a major issues with suspension !

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Zero|Cool said:
"Dude" when you buy an Audi you expect quality time inside your car and excellent build quality. Otherwise you could just stick with a Seat and save urself 6 to 10 grand...
Yeah but you can't expect engineers (being one myself) to find every single little creak and rattle from lab testing only...

Funny you mention seat - my new ibiza had similar issues when the new model was launched in 2008....So price has nothing to do with it...

For car makers the "real" testing starts when the models leave the showroom....

Not to mention Aston martins are well known for rattles and creaks!

·
Registered
445 Posts
My sport has SE suspension and has no creaks or rattles,I do wonder whether the firm suspension contributes to a lot of problems.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Zero|Cool said:
I agree, you do expect quality. And quality you have - if you give them a chance to rectify the rattles, i'm sure you'll be satisfied...if not then perhaps your own advice is the best, stick with Seat and enjoy the 6-10 grand

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
KJP84 said:
Zero|Cool said:
I agree, you do expect quality. And quality you have - if you give them a chance to rectify the rattles, i'm sure you'll be satisfied...if not then perhaps your own advice is the best, stick with Seat and enjoy the 6-10 grand
+1

Perfection takes time....

·
Registered
25 Posts
I heard that there might be some rattle in the transmission when you drive on iregular roades,or in very low speed, the reason is the DGS (stronic transmission

1 - 12 of 12 Posts