Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dont worry don't worry, i didn't crash my lovely A1 however some woman decided it would be a good idea to smash into the back of my car last week! its still drivable and all booked in to the garage for next week! thank god for fully comp insurance! i don't have to pay a penny of the estimated 2,500 quid worth of damage to my car!! i still have pictures to put up of may car i took when i took it for a beautiful drive down to the cost that i will put up shortly however have been a little occupied with sorting out the repairs of my car!

it annoys me that its people like that, who crash into the back of me because she's not paying attention. means that i have to pay so much for my insurance each year! also doesn't help that im only 18 too.....

enough of that, the car still looks damn sexy (from the front and minus the big dent in the back..)

will have pictures to follow!

Rob.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If she has admited crashing into the rear of you than even if you were third party her insurane would pay for the repair.(would anyone be daft enough not to have fully comp insurance in an a1 ?)
im always causious when someone is right up my bumper,start braking earlyer and and let it roll very slowly to a stand still..
if your already stopped in traffic dont get too close to the car in front,and keep your eye on your mirror as someone is comming up behind,if they look as there approaching fast press your foot brake,get your brake lights on,also you have a little room to move forward if they get too close...
realy use your mirrors..but i no you cant avoid rear bumps 100%..(its always there fault for running into the rear of you).
hope you get it sorted soon.

·
Registered
445 Posts
20 years ago I had a day old Nova hit from behind and written off.Got another new one via in insurance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to hear this ... I kinda can relate, as a woman crashed into the back of my a2 a while ago leaving it in a sad state. Although my a2 is obviously 'older', i wanted to hit her ! (I was Parked and in my car when she decided to smash my black beauty).

No matter how safe you drive, and how well you take care of your own stuff, you cannot exclude horrid stuff like this from happening. Good to see it hasn't upset you too much and I'm well pleased to hear you have good insurance coverage.

My story ended well. Dented A2 means new a1. But when The time comes to say goodbye to my a2, I'll surely cry. Best car I ever owned !

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ooh, what a shame, i'd have been in tears, at least you weren't hurt though, i had the same happen to me in my a3, some silly girl drove into back of me at a pedestrian crossing, i had been stopped for a few minutes, enough time for an elderly gent to shuffle across the road, it wasn't as if i had stopped quickly, was just sitting there when BANG!..i had torn muscles in my left shoulder which i still have bother with a year later...at least cars can be mended quicker than muscles! Put me off my car though, that's why i swapped it for my A1...every cloud...as they say.
HOPE YOU GET YOURS SORTED QUICK.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I now have my A1 back all nice and shiny again! Although the car my insurance company game wasn't half bad! (2010 BMW 3 series) I promise I'll have pics up soon!! Just so busy at work ATM :/

Rob.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts