Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
stitcher said:
Was shocked to see state of leather on drivers bolster after only 800 miles , just normal wear and tear getting in and out of car with jeans on , any others experiencing similiar issues ?
I'd get that back to the dealer to be sorted under warranty...

·
Registered
126 Posts
XXXCorps said:
stitcher said:
Was shocked to see state of leather on drivers bolster after only 800 miles , just normal wear and tear getting in and out of car with jeans on , any others experiencing similiar issues ?
I'd get that back to the dealer to be sorted under warranty...
Ditto.

Mark

·
Registered
22 Posts
stitcher said:
Isn't that the backrest though? Surely your jeans wouldn't make much contact (if any) with the leather that high up on the seat?

But agree with the others, tell the dealer! (Hope my S-line doesn't end up wearing as quickly/easily!)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for replies , already going back to dealers as paint is flaking of inside wheel arch on rear valance , pretty poor really , have had no issues with previous 3 audis

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'd refrain from mentioning you wearing jeans too when ya go back with it as they'll probably try and talk their way out of repairing / replacing the seat; blaming the damage on an exposed zip or metal button on the jeans...

·
Registered
45 Posts
The damage does kind of suggest that there is something from a back pocket that is catching the seat on the way in. I'd certainly raise this with the dealer, but you might want to check your wardrobe in case anything in there is causing the problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My argument is that even wearing jeans there is zero wear on my s5 seats after 6000 miles and the a1 is badly damaged after 3 weeks , considering the majority of the population wear jeans on a daily basis the seats should be able to take this sort of wear and tear wouldn't you agree ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
stitcher said:
My argument is that even wearing jeans there is zero wear on my s5 seats after 6000 miles and the a1 is badly damaged after 3 weeks , considering the majority of the population wear jeans on a daily basis the seats should be able to take this sort of wear and tear wouldn't you agree ?
Agree totally.
I was always worried about this kind of damage when I had my A3 Black Edition as I kept catching the seat edge with my jeans or cargo pants, but thankfully there was never any wear to the seat.
You're quite right; after so few miles and length of ownership; there should be no damage to your seats, therefore get it back to the dealership and demand that the seat is replaced as there is obviously either a defect with the seat, or cheap materials have been sourced for the car from the outset; which in time will prove to haunt the rest of us... :-(

·
Registered
45 Posts
stitcher said:
I'm not saying you shouldn't wear jeans, it's just that the leather looks like it's getting snagged by something. That's why I suggested checking your wardrobe, as there could be something on the pocket of jeans you regularly wear which is causing the problem. It's worth investigating rather than jumping to the conclusion the leather is crap.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Why would your dealer be interested? It doesn't look like a problem with the leather - something is snagging it

·
Registered
29 Posts
Don't all car manufactures put their cars through tons of tests before releasing a model? Surely they've tested the seats with this type leather for people getting in and out?

However saying that... I have an aging pair of Armani jeans with a rather nasty metal badge on the back. I've caught all sorts of car seats countless times with these jeans.

If the seats are at fault (due to cheap leather) then here's something else to add to the list of problems reported by A1 owners.

Does anyone feel there's too many issues with the A1 cropping up, or is this just a 'new model' thing? As far as I'm concerned It's an Audi... and I've bought into the brand for quality, not niggly little issues caused by poor materials or workmanship.

·
Registered
126 Posts
fdpxfunix said:
Don't all car manufactures put their cars through tons of tests before releasing a model? Surely they've tested the seats with this type leather for people getting in and out?

However saying that... I have an aging pair of Armani jeans with a rather nasty metal badge on the back. I've caught all sorts of car seats countless times with these jeans.

If the seats are at fault (due to cheap leather) then here's something else to add to the list of problems reported by A1 owners.

Does anyone feel there's too many issues with the A1 cropping up, or is this just a 'new model' thing? As far as I'm concerned It's an Audi... and I've bought into the brand for quality, not niggly little issues caused by poor materials or workmanship.
Last paragraph - quite so and I hope not as I pick mine up this coming Wednesday.

Mark

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
fdpxfunix said:
As far as I'm concerned It's an Audi... and I've bought into the brand for quality,
I'm sure there are plenty of mini owners feel the same :roll:

Yet there is a short list of little niggles, but the good news is not everybody's car suffers them, add to that how many people post the fact that they have no probs with their cars?

·
Registered
127 Posts
stitcher said:
Thanks for replies , already going back to dealers as paint is flaking of inside wheel arch on rear valance , pretty poor really , have had no issues with previous 3 audis
I have that problem too. The bumper inner only seems to have a dusting of paint on it

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
fdpxfunix said:

Went to the Audi factory they do 45 stringent tests on the leather - including abrasive rubbing and setting it on fire! :p

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
stitcher said:
Might be something wrong, I wear jeans most of the time and my car has done 7500 miles with no probs..

Either that or you are just rough with cars :p

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As I said previously I don't wear 1 pair of jeans in the A1 and then change to drive the S5 , they are the same jeans , the leather on the bolsters in the A1 looks to be paper thin and to be honest poor quality . My wife's last car was an A3 sportback with half leather and this was good quality, 13000 miles in
2 years with no issues so why after 3 weeks is the a1 in this state ? See what the dealer says !

·
Registered
75 Posts
Stitcher,

Good luck at the dealers and lets hope this is a isolated incident or there will be a lot of unhappy A1 owners, me included!

·
Registered
127 Posts
taconite2 said:
fdpxfunix said:

Went to the Audi factory they do 45 stringent tests on the leather - including abrasive rubbing and setting it on fire! :p
The didn't do the "stitcher" test the all joking aside i dont like the look of it. This is one thing ive been worried about. Especially when getting in and out. I do make a point of being carefull. Also I make sure I feed the bolster and seat side regularly. Hope you get some joy at dealer. Seat replacement. But that's if you can prove poor quality

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.