Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My A1 is on a company scheme and will go back in May. I am looking at replacements, ideally a bit bigger and quicker. My eye has rested on the SEAT Leon FR 1.4 TSI (150), which appears to be amazing value for money, fitted with a lot of stuff standard (including LED headlights). I have a demo car coming next week for a couple of days, but unless it is a boat to drive, I can't see why I wouldn't be ordering one (with DSG).

The A1 has been a decent enough car and has done exactly what I needed it to do (reliably ferry me to work and back with a bit of style and fun).

Bittersweet times.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Seat, vw, SKODA and Audi are all from under one roof you will find lots of bits with Audi VW marking and in my opinion the seat is posibly the best of the bunch, I have had a Leon Cupra t 20V turbo since new in 2001 running something like 240 bhp, the only bit that has ever let me down is the spark plug coils
You should find handling every bit as good if not better than the A1 and get most of the today's toys at far less than audi's over inflated prices, and the sat nav will work with no extra cost! , I think you'll be very happy with the test drive
I will never be buying a Audi again, they took the piss once to often causing me to cancel a £49000 car

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And that's that - 4 years to the day and the car's just gone. It was a good car, nothing went wrong and it was tight and spotless when I returned it. I'll miss that growly little engine - the Leon has a more powerful engine but does not sound as good.

Out.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sorry to hear you've moved on. When I chose my A1 in 2013 it was partly as a result of reading of the enthusiasm of forum members like yourself for their new A1s. Like you, I've had no troubles whatsoever and still love the A1's driving experience. My only gripe is that interior space has always been a bit tight. As mine has only done 14k miles I've got no plans to change as yet and, hopefully, the next generation A1 will be a tad more roomy inside to tempt me away from what has been a great car.

Anyway, all the very best with whatever you decide on for your next set of wheels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts