Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just handed my car in to Audi for part exchange but the build date for my A1 is not until mid Sept. I am finding it difficult without a car even though I'm on holiday from work. My worries are getting to and from work when I return. I would like to know if many people are or have been in the same situation and how do you get round the problem without having to spend 1-2 hours on public transport. Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Buy a cheap banger for £150 with a few months mot and tax... Use it then weigh it in ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Why have you given your part ex in so early? Mine was part exchanged the day i got my new Audi.Other than doing what Mojito says couldnt you borrow/use a friends car or family for a few weeks,cant be that difficult????

·
Registered
195 Posts
lloydy said:
Why have you given your part ex in so early? Mine was part exchanged the day i got my new Audi.Other than doing what Mojito says couldnt you borrow/use a friends car or family for a few weeks,cant be that difficult????
I thinking the same :? Part-ex was done on the day....
Forget the bull about your car losing £150 - 200 a week - Unless you got a fantastic offer on a nearly new part-ex?
Carrie.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yeah same, I got a guarenteed value for my car and made the manager of Aberdeen Audi sign it to make sure it wouldn't change come time of picking up the new car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My car would have lost a lot a money if waited for my A1 to come. I'd already lost approx £700 in a month already. I can use my mam's car but she regularly uses it so don't really want to take it off her to often. I'm just hoping my built date comes forward!

·
Registered
195 Posts
As long as you are happy with your deal Cupasoup :)

I sold mine privately this time - fixed price ad on fleabay - luvvly local lady rang and did a deal, she got a bargain and I got a £1000 more than stealer offered. No part exchange meant I could push the deal harder.

Do what Mojito says and try something outragous for a month. nice swb land rover for £500, still be worth £600 with a full tank in a month :roll:

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
I had a £200 P Reg Rover 214Si as a runabout before this current A1... Although it hardly run me about :lol:

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Mojito said:
I had a £200 P Reg Rover 214Si as a runabout before this current A1... Although it hardly run me about :lol:
HAHA you are so so cool

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Yeah, i got all the hotties looking at me in that motor! :?

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Yeah Rover! SO COOL! :p

·
Registered
113 Posts
What a piece of shit. Tbh, you can only drive a hard deal if your car isn't being built on order.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I want to know what you were driving that was losing that much money every month. :shock:

My dealer gave me the part ex price knowing I would still be using the car. As long as I kept to reasonable miles they were ok. They still put the car on their car lot for £3k more than I got for it :cry:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ive had my A1 on order since end of May so ive been without a car since then lol and its arriving last week in September only 6 weeks left, just keep telling yourself it'll be worth the wait ;-)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had the same issue,

Sold my car on eBay and was expecting 1 - 2 months without a car ... then the dealership told me it would be a further month, or I could take a car that had just arrived at the dealership next week.

Managed to live 3 weeks without a car in the end, using my parents car and a company van :lol:

·
Registered
445 Posts
My son in law had this issue when he bought a SEAT last year ,the dealer gave him an old Citroen for 2 months.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was offered 2.5k for my mk1 TT and they reckoned by the time my car would arrive (2-3 months) they would give me 2k!! I reckon I can get at least 4k privately. WeBuyAnyCar even offered just over 3k!

Daz

1 - 18 of 18 Posts