Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I know loads of people love the contrast roof but try as I might, I'm just not keen. Speaking to people they really seem to divide opinion. I would say more people I have spoken to have said avoid them. Maybe I'm just a fuddy duddy 40 year old who is not really down with the kids? Honestly, what do you all think? All the best

·
Registered
151 Posts
I might have found it hard to choose with or without if there wasn't a price difference, but certainly wasn't going to pay hundreds more for something I didn't favour very strongly.

I suppose it would be a novelty for a while, but the contrast does alter the perceived shape of the car and I think I prefer it without (just).

·
Registered
442 Posts
It isnt for me either unfortunatey , I understand what they ve done but it isnt for me

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's 4 against and 0 for. Maybe I'm right and it's to be avoided?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Some colours I guess it looks ok, but I ordered Scuba blue and I just wasnt convinced it looked right with with the Roof Contrast Line.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's 5 against and 0 for. Mines missano red without the contrast line. Part of me wishes I'd gone silver.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I didnt go for it either, it changes the shape of the car i prefer all colour aswell.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
6 - nil

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got the Contrast Roof Line with my Phantom Black A1 Sport.

I think it looks cool. It really brings out the silver allloys on the Sport. Without it the car would look bland.

I agree that it only works with some colours, Black being one of them.

The car looks cool either way!!

:D

·
Registered
39 Posts
I did not order contrast roof line on my S-Line TDI (white) because when i saw it i was reminded of the citreon plural, an ugly french half soft top bubble.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is a definite pattern here. Maybe there's going to be a lot of cars out there with the contrasting roofline, the drivers of which think they're getting admiring glances but in reality the onlookers are turning their noses up? I think we need a few more postings please to get a larger sample and a true picture?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not for me either - too expensive and too much like audi trying to be like mini - my all black s-line will be very sleek without it :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
I went for an all black without the roof, but you can say I'm in favour of the roof. I think it looks cool and from the inside the car should feel wider, with a sense of freedom you don't usually have.

There's one combination I'd die for: white with black contrast... and the roof... b-e-a-utiful!
The black contrasts with the (dark) windows and the black roof on top make it look almost like a convertible.... really nice...

·
Registered
32 Posts
When choosing the colour options, I was unaware that the roof line was an extra cost but had already decided that all red was what I wanted. The Dealer "appeared" to find some difficulty in altering the configuration on his screen to change the option and I thought that I must be one of the few who had gone for this! Eventually he said that he had managed to remove it.

In any event, if I feel that the car looks bland without it, I can always add aftermarket decals, or whatever, at my local bodyshop and get a bespoke feel.

·
Registered
108 Posts
As always its a matter of personal choice. I have gone down this route as the attached photos. Mine is Shiraz and silver. I do think it works with some colours and not others. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
i think the colour of your car can determine the choice of the contrast roof line. your car in missano red would suit the silver contrast line ( as seen in all the a1 promos etc) but with my brilliant black colour i felt that it would be a bit too harsh for the colour and went without

1 - 20 of 31 Posts