Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pick my all Black 1.6TDI SE in the first week of the new year and soon after will have the Contrast Line added in Vinyl but what colour do you think it should be . My thought was orange ( yes Bright Orange) but would like your opinions. Yes I know it wont be to everyones taste but the fact it is in vinyl means I can change it with no issue if it looks awfull or get bored. So it's an experiment really and if I like it well I might keep it like that. Once done I'll post some pictures.

·
Registered
57 Posts
hmm orange might look cool black and orange go good, why not do something different and instead of the contrast line do the roof or something different add 2,3.. colors to the contrast line be creative, thats why mine doesn't have the contrast line :p

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never thought of multicolours , also thought of doing it in the porsche lime green colour but not so sure . My mini had orange viper stripes and that looked good .

·
Registered
220 Posts
Never even thought of doing it in vinyl after!!!

Orange or yellow would be my vote!

·
Registered
142 Posts
great idea..how about a union jack on the roof...like the mini...remember the tv series butterflies,god im showing my age now..

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a union jack on my mini then viper stripes . Union jack on a german car may be a bit wrong. I know the mini has german genes but it is a british icon .

·
Registered
921 Posts
I know its the wrong way round but it the combination does look good
01-a1-tfsi-paris-live-630op.jpg
02-a1-tfsi-paris-livea.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree wheels are great. I like the contrast the other way round. Perhaps I could have the car wrapped totally in Vinyl . The guy I use quoted me £1200+ for a full wrap .

·
Registered
166 Posts
I would go for the viper stripes instead of the contrast line. That or the roof, I'm not a big fan of the contrast line.
I'd go with dark orange instead of bright, just like the one in the pic.

Does the vinyl shine?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Vinyl is shiney just like the paint although you can get matt black. I did think of doing the whole roof in a single colour. I do kind of like the black/orange colour scheme of the DS3 thats in the press at the moment.

It's funny how people are divided on the contrast line. It was in all the press photos and personally I think it marks the car out from the others but I can see why some don't like it. I think car colour has a lot to do with it as well. I did see a Black A1 sport in the companies visitor carpark yesterday and it had the silver contrast line and it looked OK

·
Registered
142 Posts
I think the contrast line looks good, if your good with computers im sure you can put together loads of designs to see what the car would look like ...
Anyone got plenty of time on there hands..lol

·
Registered
220 Posts
You can get any colour vinyl in Matt or Gloss.

I own a small vinyl business so this is a perfect idea for me when i get my car :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nipz said:
You can get any colour vinyl in Matt or Gloss.

I own a small vinyl business so this is a perfect idea for me when i get my car :D
Is it easy to remove if you dont like it ..?
Were are you from roughly .

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks like I'm a bit late to patent my idea. But it is a cool that you can change it almost at will. Yes the Vinyl comes off with no issue , just need a bit of heat from a hair dryer and carfully peel it off. If there is any adhesive left then this is easily removed . I'll be speaking to the guy who is doing mine with the intention of him making a pattern so fitment can be made easier without having to take a knife to the car. If this happens I'll post his details. Maybe Nipz will do it -Let us know.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yea its very easy to get off :) I'm from Plymouth in the south west. When I get the chance I will do my best to make up a pattern to cut them so if others so want them they can :) jrh please keep me up todate with anything you do! Love to see the results! Not getting my car until March :(

·
Registered
220 Posts
If anyone has their A1 or access to one could you take some pictures side on so I could mess around with changing colours and look at an early rough template. White would be best for me! Lol

·
Registered
921 Posts
Where are you based Nipz?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.