Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

Has anyone else noticed that the inside of the windscreen gets very misty with condensation?

This morning it took ages for it to clear. My old car (new shape Ford Fiesta) never had this problem of the inside of the windscreen getting wet with condensation. Could it be an issue or is this normal?

All windows and doors in the car were closed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I found a load of fresh water in the Spare wheel area in the boot. No sign of water leaks as washed it several times and bone dry still. My dealer did comment it could be left from the Pdi valet. More so if you have the Auto Glym Life Shine.

·
Registered
679 Posts
tdaulerio said:
Hi there

Has anyone else noticed that the inside of the windscreen gets very misty with condensation?

This morning it took ages for it to clear. My old car (new shape Ford Fiesta) never had this problem of the inside of the windscreen getting wet with condensation. Could it be an issue or is this normal?

I have had my A1 4 months & now after a complete day of rain my windscreen had the same problem.
It took over 10 minutes to clear with blowers on full blast Not happy :(

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
tdaulerio said:
Hi there

Did you fiesta have the quickclear system? Its patented by Ford so no other manufacturer can copy it....

Its just normal everyway cold weather, I tried to clean my windscreen from the inside and I think I've made it alot worse now *sigh* - you can't see it when the windscreen has warmed up

·
Registered
637 Posts
As above ford have heated front screens so will clear quicker than most cars. In older cars (within the last 10 years) a lot of them used to get water on the inside of the windscreen if the cabin filter was blocked or needed changing, could be something similar here if its only a few cars that are getting it?

·
Registered
679 Posts
ONE said:
As above ford have heated front screens so will clear quicker than most cars. In older cars (within the last 10 years) a lot of them used to get water on the inside of the windscreen if the cabin filter was blocked or needed changing, could be something similar here if its only a few cars that are getting it?
Where is this cabin filter?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sounds like you all might have the same issue I have just come across with mine!

The Front Windscreen Demister function wasn't working on mine......I could hear the fan blowers going at full power inside the dash, but nothing was coming out of the vents under the front windscreen! If you put your hand over those vents you will probably notice the same? Took it to Dealers who confirmed that a flap motor had gone.

They replaced the part, but now climate control only blows out super chilled air, as if the dial was on the coldest setting. Still with Dealer for investigation.

Basically.....check your Front Screen Demister vents are actually working.

A common fault perhaps?

·
Registered
921 Posts
There were a lot of posts about this early on. On one occasion all my windows were running with water (condensation) inside. Thankfully it hasn't happened again and I don't know why it did it. Others haven't been so lucky and get it repeatedly. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=947&p=35745&hilit=wet+windows#p35745

·
Registered
637 Posts
mah006 said:
ONE said:
Where is this cabin filter?
Usually you have to peel off the rubber on the top of the far back of the engine bay, and then lift up the plastic covering the vents where the air is drawn in, just in front of the windscreen wipers. Don't know if this would be the case with the A1 though.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
The air con filter is below the glove compartment... Is that what you mean?

·
Registered
637 Posts
taconite2 said:
The air con filter is below the glove compartment... Is that what you mean?
Cabin filter. When you turn on the blower, all the air that is drawn in through the exterior vents (below the windscreen) passes through a filter, usually either paper or charcoal based.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Topped up the radiator fluid it was a bit low - will keep an eye on it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.