Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi

I've had 2 A1's and two paired phones. The problem is, that without a comprehensive Audi compatibility list covering all the contact and calling features, its a case of suck it and see.

My observation is that most phones seem to pair up - some more readily than others. But, the way that the contacts are handled, or the calling features, might not be 100%.

I started out with an oldish Nokia smartphone - the E51 On the Nokia, some of the features like recently called lists and mailbox - didn't work at all, but bascially the phone worked fine. On the second A1, the Nokia paired up, but didn't connect reliably without prompting to search for connected devices about 50% of the time when I got in the car. Strange really, that it should work seamlessly in one car, but not another, with exactly the same set-up!

So, since my contract on the phone was ending anyway, I changed to a BB Torch.

On the BB, almost all the features seem to work, but the voice-dialling often tells me that the contact is private and unavailable (which it should not do) and I am forced to call using the MMI or DIS. Nevertheless, the whole thing works pretty well, connects instantly and reliably and I am impressed. I think I can probably tweak the way that contacts are organised on the phone or in the car - and no doubt sort out my voice-dialling glitch.

I would say that if you buy a popular current phone, you will have somewhere between adequate compatibility and full compatibility and its unlikely that you will have a combo which doesn't work at all. At this rate, the phones market will have moved on by the time the Audi list comes out!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Zero|Cool said:
Lady_SadlyBroke do you still have issues with the BB and the connect/disconnect thing?
No, it was the Nokia which I had trouble with. The BB Torch is very good in the A1 - and I'm really happy with my choice of new phone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts