1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Think its in the manual

·
Registered
63 Posts
Loosen the 3 screws, unclip the power coard (squeeze & pull) then pull the whole unit out :shock:

DRLs
Locate the DRL and gently pull on the 2 power cables together to remove the bulb, simples pull the bulb out - WATCH where the metal bits are on the bulb when pulling out and replace with the new LED XTEC - simples ;)

Dipped-Beam
Locate the Dipped-Beam bulb, using a small flat head screwdriver, put it under the bottom left and then right side of the bulb to pop it out of the holder and then it's pretty obvious. Replace the new bulb with the non rounded edge pointing upwards and push the bottom back into the left & right holders - should just pop in to place. Replace the power cable & slot back into the fitting - before screwing back in, attache the other power cable and check the bulb works ;)

The bitch is getting the lamp unit back in flush! A bit of giggling and it slips in! Remeber to put the powercord back in the unit and check the lights work before screwing the unit back in position - jobs a goodun'

Main-Beam & Foglight / Number Plate lights - I haven't done these ones yet.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
NATOuk said:
If you have taken the headlight units out, changed the bulbs and put them back in, do you need to get the headlights re-aligned or will it still be okay?
Cant answer your question on an A1 but on a Ford Fiesta there is a clip that the unit sits in, and if you do not get it back in that clip, it will fail the MOT as it puts the beam too high.

I expect the adjustment is part of the whole unit, so am guessing no need to re adjust.

Like said, not realy qualified to answer, but would get them checked if you start getting ppl flash you. (with headlights...that is!!) :lol:

·
Registered
117 Posts
NATOuk said:
If you have taken the headlight units out, changed the bulbs and put them back in, do you need to get the headlights re-aligned or will it still be okay?
It'll be fine. The headlamp unit goes back in exactly the same position it was in before you took it out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks for the replies, I replaced all my bulbs and taking the headlight in/out isn't a hard job. Changing the bulbs is a pain, very fiddley, but at least you don't have to do it very often :) The headlight goes back nice and neatly, it's hard to get wrong since there's two rails it slides onto as well as the lower clip it screws down too. Very handy of Audi to put the required tools in the boot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts