Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about having my Glacier A1's mirrors wrapped in carbon. They looked really nice on Aston's R8 (JLS), but not sure the A1 can pull it off haha. :lol:

What do you think?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the contrast line would look cool, but i'm not too keen on it myself, i prefer the one colour look. Even the rear panel where the number plate sits would look nice... Similar to the A1 Clubsport rear.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Do you mean the rear valance?I am going to get mine painted,probably matt black,as opposed to the grey,or could this be wrapped,anyone know? :?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A1LDU said:
Do you mean the rear valance?I am going to get mine painted,probably matt black,as opposed to the grey,or could this be wrapped,anyone know? :?

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Get it wrapped, you can always change your mind later and cheeper, thinking of a carbon fiber roof!!

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
senner tuning do a carbon mirror cover. I remember seeing them somewhere for sale but their website doesn't seem to let me on the 'shop' section now, or any other section for that matter. Anyone else seen them?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've got a feeling they would use adhesive and they are stuck on

·
Registered
220 Posts
Any one know how to pop the cover off to do the wrap?

G

·
I'm trying to find a manual for the A1, like a Haynes or a Bentley but its a bit 'new' at the moment, just for little upgrades like this.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Chunky Monkey said:
I'm trying to find a manual for the A1, like a Haynes or a Bentley but its a bit 'new' at the moment, just for little upgrades like this.
Thanks mate :)

There was another thread from earlier in the year but not sure where it is now. It looks like there is about 4 screws behind the glass you have to undo. But without taking the glass out (scary stuff) i dont think you can get to them.

I am going to try to wrap them tomorrow on the car. I will report back :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have carbon wing mirrors on mine, tomorrow I'll get a close up picture and post it on here

·
Registered
220 Posts
Todge said:
I have carbon wing mirrors on mine, tomorrow I'll get a close up picture and post it on here
Good man :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't get it...you buy a premium car and then you want to cover it in crappy fake carbon fibre? Would understand if it was a naff car like an old fiesta or something! Sigh...

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
ant1979 said:
I don't get it...you buy a premium car and then you want to cover it in crappy fake carbon fibre? Would understand if it was a naff car like an old fiesta or something! Sigh...
It's not for you to "get it". It's not your A1 they're talking about, it's their personal A1. I'm sure "they" would appreciate your respect. I'm sure they respect your opinion about how their A1's look, but at the end of the day it's just your opinion. :|

1 - 20 of 44 Posts