Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently had a new starter motor fitted due to the solenoid just clicking. It was stood for just over a week before it was fitted. It had to be jump started once it was fitted but from the starter itself not the battery. Took car out for a run, no problems. Next morning wouldn't start, same as before, solenoid just clicking. Got it started and left it in a garage for a few days they could not find any problems, said the battery is fine and it started for them each time over the 4 days. After being out most the day with no issues I came to it after it being stood for approx 2.5 hrs and it wouldn't start. Someone jump started it from the battery but it took at least 5 mins before it would start.
Brought in April 2021 and has only had one previous owner and had only done 17k miles. No issues until recently.
Any ideas on what I'm up against?

·
Super Moderator
2014 A1 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Contrast Line +
48 Posts
When the starter was changed, was the solenoid also changed or was it swapped over from the old starter? When you hear the click of the starter, do the lights also dim (any light - interior light, dashboard warning lights) as if a large current is being drawn from the battery but nothing is happening or do they remain at normal brightness?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts