Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went To our local country park for a nice walk in the sunshine... Parked way way out in a car park where not many people park, grabbed a double space as it was way out!

Came back to find two dumb girls trying to get a massive box out of their Clio!!!

The idiots parked between my A1 and another car with loads of empty rows next to us!!! Trying to take this massive box out of a two foot gap!

Luckily i didnt decide to take a number one before coming back to the car or i would have a big door crease on my A1.

Are people really that stupid?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Basically, yes.. I'm afraid so. A similar thing happened to me at knutsworth services. Loads of spaces and I parked in the furthest one. Next thing scruffy Volvo parked next to me and out bundled some stupid child cracking the back door into my car. Thankfully no damage but no apology either.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know what the hell they were trying to get out their car, but it was like the size of a kitchen table... Shame their brain cells were not as big!

·
Registered
14 Posts
there are this kinda idiotic drivers,who just simply cannot park without a 'guide' for reference.they should just bring along 4/6 poles with them in their rides.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
darrenwls said:
Basically, yes.. I'm afraid so. A similar thing happened to me at knutsworth services. Loads of spaces and I parked in the furthest one. Next thing scruffy Volvo parked next to me and out bundled some stupid child cracking the back door into my car. Thankfully no damage but no apology either.
Yes, kids and four door cars are your worse nightmare!

·
Registered
7 Posts
:evil: I hate car parks, since I signed the deal for my new audi A1, my current car which is my part ex seems to have had a target painted on it, I've now got a vertical crease in one door, a chunk of paint down to bare metal of another door and a dink on a panel, all within 2 weeks of getting a guarantied part ex value from my dealer, oh and a small tree branch fell on my roof as I was driving and theres now a dink in the roof. I'm gonna have to get the car really muddy for when I drop it of for the trade in!!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Oh unlucky!

I didn't part-ex mine but still wanted to sell it to recoup some cost.. Damned VW beetle went into me on a roundabout and messed up my driver's door 

Thank god for insurance lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
Never ever park next to a car with a child seat in the back. Even if it the last parking space on the planet, because you just know what will happen !

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was parked at Stansted Airport last week whilst I was away on business and came back to find someone had parked their large car right up against my driver's door with about a half inch gap. It would have been physically impossible for anyone to have gotten in my car and I had to climb over the passenger seat. I'm not sure how they got their car in the space to be honest as the turning space is pretty narrow. :evil: I hate airport car parks and it's often impossible to find quiet places with lots of free spaces.

·
Registered
31 Posts
simonski said:
Never ever park next to a car with a child seat in the back. Even if it the last parking space on the planet, because you just know what will happen !
I try not to park next to uncared for cars with scratches on them either.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
garethpauljones said:
I was parked at Stansted Airport last week whilst I was away on business and came back to find someone had parked their large car right up against my driver's door with about a half inch gap. It would have been physically impossible for anyone to have gotten in my car and I had to climb over the passenger seat. I'm not sure how they got their car in the space to be honest as the turning space is pretty narrow. :evil: I hate airport car parks and it's often impossible to find quiet places with lots of free spaces.
When i parked at Stansted, i grabbed an end space and made sure my car was as far away from the other space as possible!

You half the chances of getting parking dings with only one car next to you! :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mercury6 said:
:evil: I hate car parks, since I signed the deal for my new audi A1, my current car which is my part ex seems to have had a target painted on it, I've now got a vertical crease in one door, a chunk of paint down to bare metal of another door and a dink on a panel, all within 2 weeks of getting a guarantied part ex value from my dealer, oh and a small tree branch fell on my roof as I was driving and theres now a dink in the roof. I'm gonna have to get the car really muddy for when I drop it of for the trade in!!!!
Now that is bad luck! I hope the A1 changes that, haha ;)

·
Registered
921 Posts
What's this got to do with the A1?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Chelmersteve said:
What's this got to do with the A1?
Did you read the original post Steve?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Yes I read the original post. In my view it should have been under the 'Rants' section as it has absolutely nothing to do with the A1.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Chelmersteve said:
Yes I read the original post. In my view it should have been under the 'Rants' section as it has absolutely nothing to do with the A1.
Probably was in the wrong section. My bad.

I disagree with you about it not having anything to do with an A1 though. Maybe you should just ignore reading my posts seeing as you have a chip on your shoulder.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Mojito said:
Probably was in the wrong section. My bad.
Indeed you should have posted on the clio forum ;)

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Haha, yes you are right Triple! ;)

Ok, Jae... If you are about can you please move this to the relevant forum section.

Thanks,
M. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts