Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason I ask is that I have just brought a brand new 'already built' a1 sport s tronic and was assured by the salesman that it had paddles. I went to pick it up last night and the first thing I said was where are the paddles !!! He tried something along the lines of 'nobody uses them anyway' and how about a free valet instead !!! So he has been asking to day about it and has had no luck finding out if they have to be factory fitted or not. I have looked through the forums but cant find anything. can anyone help? I would like to think it just needs the correct steering wheel and some programming. Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you asked for them and its on your spec list i wouldnt let them fob you off. I'd tell them to get it sorted and wouldnt accept anything less! I think you may have to go up the pecking order, either that or youll regret it later on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You have to buy a new steering wheel with paddles. Ask the guys from the Accessories stand.

You can even order the competition steering wheel (with black and orange leather) if you want at no extra cost than a normal steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Yeah, probably a new paddle wheel and some VCDS coding. Let Audi sort it out and pay as it's their mistake.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, Thanks for the advice, the salesman is meant to be getting back to me on Monday when their mastertech is back from holiday. As mentioned it's their problem, the salesman definately said it had paddles as my wife asked me at time if I was buying a car or boat (what can I say bless) The spec list doesn.t specifically say paddles , but the salesman did and the fact that he is finding out about it, to me is an admission of guilt. I will wait for the call on Monday from Audi. On a happier note just done a 100 drive for the fun of it and loved every minute of it, beats my A3 all ways. I will update when I know more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just an update, salesman text me last saying he should know today (wed) , no phone call today. Now waited one week for an answer, I think i'll be taking it higher up, you would think someone in the whole of Audi UK would know.!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
We have just retrofitted a paddle shift steering wheel to our A1 185 S-line. :D Totally transformed the daily drive-ability of the car. Makes it much more interactive and fun.

We'll be posting up a "how to" guide on our blog within the next week. http://www.e-parts.co.uk/blog/

We'll also be regularly updating our build thread with plenty of interesting topics and "how to" guides such as fitting coilovers, big brakes, superpro bushes.

As a Revo Technik agent we went on a secret mission to Revo Technik last week to assist them with producing a new an impressive remap which will be available very shortly. It's all a bit hush hush! :D

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
I noticed your E-Parts car the other day on the Web ;)

I'm waiting for a Revo remap... TDI please! ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow i'm liking the silver and blue colours! how did you did you do it, is it something Audi can do? i.e genuine parts and recoding.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi miccanic1

Our technicians in our in-house performance centre fitted the new steering wheel which is an Audi OEM replacement wheel.

http://www.e-parts.co.uk/product.asp?catalog=P150000&productid=8111098&ve=V040400&manu=40

It's a relatively straight forward replacement, although you will require the correct tools and vagcom to enable the "paddle shift" wheel in the diagnostic.

The build blog will be a big help showing you guys hows it's done :D

e-Parts Dean

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.