Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

Expect a call from your dealer TDI owners

Ive been asked to book my car in for this free software upgrade - Its to keep with the filter issue the TDI has , it supposed to help it? touch wood , ive been lucky and havent had any warning lights ref my filter.

While the car is there , they will give a free vehicle check over. it will take a hour to have the works done, only been offerd 8.30am , 10.30 & 2.30 so will ask my boss and get a hour out to get it done.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Not all dealers will call so if you are in need of any help, just give them a call, have your chassis number to hand as its a bit easier lol :p and just find out, they will be able to give you a yes or no eitherway, 9 times out of 10 itll be a yes

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'll be waiting for call from dealer going to give them a few other things too look at other issues as well at the same time

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I got a call from my dealer today and he said "do you want to see my monkey?" WTF is that all about? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
whats with the signaure bigdeuce? free tax diesel? :eek:

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Red diesel :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE NOTICED LATELY WAS THE OTHER WEEK MINE WAS IDLING ABOVE 1000 RPM WHEN A NORMAL TEMPERATURE IN TRAFFIC AND NO STOP START,WHICH BY ALL ACCOUNTS MANY FELLOW MEMBERS HAVE HAD THE SAME HAPPENING TO THEM AND NEVER SEEN WARNING LIGHT COME ON YET

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
We want VAT free diesel too! :(

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
davking said:
ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE NOTICED LATELY WAS THE OTHER WEEK MINE WAS IDLING ABOVE 1000 RPM WHEN A NORMAL TEMPERATURE IN TRAFFIC AND NO STOP START,WHICH BY ALL ACCOUNTS MANY FELLOW MEMBERS HAVE HAD THE SAME HAPPENING TO THEM AND NEVER SEEN WARNING LIGHT COME ON YET
Calm down mate.....why are you shouting? :roll:

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
pink diesel? :p

Personally I use green diesel is comes from tesco :p

·
Registered
29 Posts
Davking

See my TDi Smoker! thread. Same symptoms as when my DPF was regenerating. Of course it could be something else, but I've had it happen twice now with revs up and SS disabled... and a lovely smoky smell.

J.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks i have read your post and i have took note of this,do alot of short journeys but give it a good run now and then too give it a clearout.I have noticed the start/stop play up now and then and in the first 1000 miles a burning smell from car when it has been standing for a couple of minutes but now has gone,maybe lucky compared to other owners but wait and see if audi dealers get in touch.Invaluble info from fellow a1 members sharing info :D

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
taconite2 said:
pink diesel? :p

Personally I use green diesel is comes from tesco :p

I used to run my Vivaro van on Cooking oil! :D

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Deuce... Are you Harry Enfield by any chance? You look and sound like him! Haha

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
haha I see it too :p

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.